Hua Hin's Pier Restaurants

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Big Boy

Hua Hin's Pier Restaurants

Post by Big Boy »

Have they gone?

I have some important visitors this weekend, and thought it might be nice to take them down to one of the pier restaurants. I was talking to my DIL about it, and she told me they have all gone. I was well surprised.

Can somebody please confirm, or tell me she is talking rubbish.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin's Pier Restaurants

Post by caller »

Notthing immediately recent, but thery were there before Christmas when I last drove that way. The ones mainly between 55 and 57 have gone
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, thank you. I've been checking Google Streetview, and old names such as La Terrasse and Chao Lay were still there in October. I agree, some have gone, but not all.

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, I walked along there just a few days ago and quite a few of them are still in business including the main ones you mention.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you, I'd better get my wallet prepared. I haven't been there for years :shock:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I was a passenger when my other half drove past them earlier this evening, and as Steve said, a couple were open between 55 and 57, the cluster at the bottom of 57 are all still there, not sure about those heading to the Chinese temple. And although the area between 55 and and the turn off to the Chinese temple was generally 'darker' than I ever remembered it, less places open etc. Those that were, where we could see, so not the ends of the piers, were ram packed. As was everything from the turn off to the Chinese Temple to 'pizza corner'. In fact that stretch was busier in every way, with people just mooching around, and bars and restaurants full.

Even soi55 was really busy, with Chomsin hotel and the jailhouse overflowing. I can't recall the last time I saw it like that.
Talk is cheap