Favourite Actor/Actress?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Favourite Actor/Actress?

Post by sateeb »

I do enjoy the movies of Christoph Waltz, however I do find his acting style rather one dimensional.

My personal favourites would be the younger Robert De Niro and current, it's gotta be Tom Hardy.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:23 am
Lost wrote:Could have been really pretentious there and said thespian. Image

TV fans of all ages, decades and genres on here. Who tickles your fancy on screen? Ruffles your truffles? No, not like that ( :naughty: ) I mean more towards the best acting in movies/shows for you...

Past or present.

For myself, maybe Tom Hanks. Though I've really only enjoyed 3 of his performances in the past 14 years. It's his earlier performances that keep him near, or at, the top.

Milla Jovovich is definitely up ther—
No, not like that, I mean more towards...
Ok, scrap that. Keanu Reeves I really like and he's still pumping out incredible performances currently. The John Wick Saga is outstanding. Mark Wahlberg another.

What about you folk?

:cheers:
Great post!

Off the top of my head

Daniel Day Lewis

Cate Blanchett

Gene Hackman

Michael Fassbender

Meryl Streep

Christopher Waltz

More later today.....ImageImage

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
Right back at ya for pulling me up on the urology Doctor's name. It's Christoph :neener: :laugh: :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

sateeb wrote:I do enjoy the movies of Christoph Waltz, however I do find his acting style rather one dimensional.

My personal favourites would be the younger Robert De Niro and current, it's gotta be Tom Hardy.
Many actors are 'one dimensional' in the parts they play/are cast in

Al Pacino and Denzel Washington are two examples of actors who seem to play the same type of character although both are immensely talented

Brad Pitt has performed a wide variety of roles extremely well to be fair, but I thought that his recent train movie was utter junk.

Yes I'm well aware most blokes raved about it! Image

Last edited by thecolonel on Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

sateeb wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:23 am
Lost wrote:Could have been really pretentious there and said thespian. Image

TV fans of all ages, decades and genres on here. Who tickles your fancy on screen? Ruffles your truffles? No, not like that ( :naughty: ) I mean more towards the best acting in movies/shows for you...

Past or present.

For myself, maybe Tom Hanks. Though I've really only enjoyed 3 of his performances in the past 14 years. It's his earlier performances that keep him near, or at, the top.

Milla Jovovich is definitely up ther—
Ok, scrap that. Keanu Reeves I really like and he's still pumping out incredible performances currently. The John Wick Saga is outstanding. Mark Wahlberg another.

What about you folk?

:cheers:
Great post!

Off the top of my head

Daniel Day Lewis

Cate Blanchett

Gene Hackman

Michael Fassbender

Meryl Streep

Christopher Waltz

More later today.....ImageImage

Right back at ya for pulling me up on the urology Doctor's name. It's Christoph :neener: Image :cheers:
Well duck me so it is, didn't realise that! ImageImage

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Many actors are 'one dimensional' on the they play/are cast in

Al Pacino and Denzel Washington are two examples of actors who seem to play the same type of character although both are immensely talented
I'd agree with that. Actors with the most 'range' brings up different names but this guy mentioned by DM would still be near the top. :D

Maaan, do I miss the man. :cry:

Mrs.-Doubtfire-Robin-Williams.jpg
Mrs.-Doubtfire-Robin-Williams.jpg (92.3 KiB) Viewed 977 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

And just to revive the thread and cheer DM and Lost up.... The man was a class act! :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs8wQbJ0T08

And I miss him too.....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.