Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by thecolonel »

As hinted at in an earlier post, my team are staring at a further 9 point deduction on top of the 10 they've already had.....

The bottom line is they simply can't afford this fabulous shiny new stadium.

Everton at risk of administration as buyers 777Partners are told there is no chance of takeover bei… https://mol.im/a/12854409 via https://dailym.ai/android

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Another Everton win, that’s four on the trot - at this rate they could be Champion contenders come May!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:02 am Another Everton win, that’s four on the trot - at this rate they could be Champion contenders come May!!
You seem to have forgotten to mention which year DB - or was that deliberate?! :D :duck:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:36 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:02 am Another Everton win, that’s four on the trot - at this rate they could be Champion contenders come May!!
You seem to have forgotten to mention which year DB - or was that deliberate?! :D :duck:
Well it was only a joke, but at least they look to have enough spirit to keep clear of the relegation zone, which only a month ago was looking ominously unlikely!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Tom Lockyer: Luton captain 'stable' after suffering cardiac arrest

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67738555

This is his second heart attack while playing. Career over I'm afraid. :(
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
pharvey wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:36 am
Well it was only a joke, but at least they look to have enough spirit to keep clear of the relegation zone, which only a month ago was looking ominously unlikely!!
Yes very pleased looked very solid defensively and not bad in attack but we still need more quality in final third.

Four clean sheets in a row is impressive for any team. I think we now have four more points than City (over last ten games) and as many away wins as any team over the season so far. Not too bad!

And it's about time the Mainstream media starting giving credit to Sean Dyche for motivating the players rather than the Premier League points deduction panel! He got four good wins before the deduction and four since. He's simply carried on managing the players well.

Spurs away next Sat will be a tough game

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

PeteC wrote:Tom Lockyer: Luton captain 'stable' after suffering cardiac arrest

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67738555

This is his second heart attack while playing. Career over I'm afraid. :(
I don't know the ins and outs here, not read anything at all but...

I'm guessing this becomes an insurance issue? Who's responsible/liable if player dies on the pitch? If it's the club then surely they won't play him

But what about Erikssen? How did he play again?

Any I wish him well....

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Sports Personality of the Year: Sir Kenny Dalglish wins Lifetime Achievement award

https://www.bbc.com/sport/sports-personality/67714256
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Initially, after his first collapse, they said he had atrial fibulation, which is an irregular heartbeat, and he would undergo what was described as an operation. But if needed, the general treatment, is usually a procedure, non-invasive, that stops the heart, then restarts it again, you're out for about 15 minutes. Unless there a is physical issue within the heart that was causing the problem. I am no medical expert but having suffered this myself, I was told to carry on exercising and living my life as before, although it was recommended I stop drinking. In my case, I had to have this procedure twice and can now walk, cycle and swim. Basically old sports injuries restrict me to non-impact exercise.

I was surprised he could carry on, unless he had a pace maker fitted like Eriksen. Atrial fibulation also ended Sergio Aguero's career, who was advised not to continue.
Talk is cheap
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

caller wrote:Initially, after his first collapse, they said he had atrial fibulation, which is an irregular heartbeat, and he would undergo what was described as an operation. But if needed, the general treatment, is usually a procedure, non-invasive, that stops the heart, then restarts it again, you're out for about 15 minutes. Unless there a is physical issue within the heart that was causing the problem. I am no medical expert but having suffered this myself, I was told to carry on exercising and living my life as before, although it was recommended I stop drinking. In my case, I had to have this procedure twice and can now walk, cycle and swim. Basically old sports injuries restrict me to non-impact exercise.

I was surprised he could carry on, unless he had a pace maker fitted like Eriksen. Atrial fibulation also ended Sergio Aguero's career, who was advised not to continue.
Ok that explains Eriksen

Didn't know about Aguero I must say...

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:05 am Well it was only a joke, but at least they look to have enough spirit to keep clear of the relegation zone, which only a month ago was looking ominously unlikely!!
Yep, I did spot that - unusual for me I know... :wink: :D

Just waiting for them to receive another "Points Deduction" that Man City should have been "awarded".... :roll:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:31 am This is his second heart attack while playing. Career over I'm afraid. :(
The second THIS YEAR, so yes, I would agree whether forced or not it's time to hang up the boots...
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:13 pm
PeteC wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:31 am This is his second heart attack while playing. Career over I'm afraid. :(
The second THIS YEAR, so yes, I would agree whether forced or not it's time to hang up the boots...
You can understand top athletes wanting to try a comeback after a first attack assuming the medic’s give the “all clear”, but after a second, that should be sufficient warning.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

But did he have suffer cardiac arrest the first time? The diagnosis was atrial fibulation.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Piss poor final game today. Was right up for the Liverpool Vs United. Awful for the neutral, but I'm sure United will be very happy. First points pool have dropped at home. Arsenal completely destroyed Brighton, I was hoping it was going to be one of those they just can't get the ball in the back of the net... not to be in the end. Should have been much more, completely dominant. And Villa took the three points, only after Brentford went down to ten men! :cry:

Not the results I was hoping for but, meh.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.