Buying online from Lazada

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Buying online from Lazada

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think getting on for half of the comments on this thread have been about the poor quality of the items ordered, so trying to eliminate the counterfeit rubbish would be a step in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:18 pm I think getting on for half of the comments on this thread have been about the poor quality of the items ordered, so trying to eliminate the counterfeit rubbish would be a step in the right direction.

That actually is my only complaint about Lazada.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I and family order quite regularly from Lazada. I've never had a problem with the product bar on one occasion a completely different item was sent. As it turned out, the item sent in error was worth quite a bit more than the item I ordered ..... so we kept it.

I will always check the reviews, and seller % ratings. I will only order from sellers with the three categories above 90%.
Some sellers actually have a shop in which case you can google search the shop for more info and if possible, give them a call.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

My wife is a huge fan of Lazada with an average 12 orders a month ( for myself 12 a year) but the point I can make is that the correct item has always been delivered and only one item has been returned this year when she ordered the wrong size - to thank you Lazada
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Also been using it for years, one or two items have been wrong but most of the stuff has been as ordered. Yes, there is a lot of cheap junk on there but the silly prices should be a giveaway for that.

I've also noticed there are considerable savings to be made by buying identical items that are for sale in Hua Hin at a premium. A recent example would be a HDMI adaptor to connect my laptop to a bigger screen - 400 baht in Banana IT and JIB in MV, the identical cable was 120 on Laz. The Mrs wanted a pressure cooker, 899 on Laz, 1,200 for the identical model in Lotuss - there is a good reason the high street shops and retailers are losing out, it all adds up.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I get a lot of things and generally have no issues. Prices are good but buyer beware if it is too good. Biggest problem lately is Kerry who can be unreliable whereas flash and Lex are better
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not Lazada this time, but shopee. I don't know why, but this seems to be happening with all shopee orders at the moment (last 3, anyway). The latest incident, today.

shopee.png
shopee.png (28.17 KiB) Viewed 184 times

There were at least 5 people sitting outside between 9 and 10 this morning. 4 of us were there before 8:30. I can swear there was no attempt made to deliver the item. So why say they did?
  • Local delivery agent trying to improve their stats?
  • Do they get paid more if the original delivery fails?
The original order stated tomorrow as the probable delivery date anyway, so no hardship. TIT I guess.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:Not Lazada this time, but shopee. I don't know why, but this seems to be happening with all shopee orders at the moment (last 3, anyway). The latest incident, today.

shopee.png

There were at least 5 people sitting outside between 9 and 10 this morning. 4 of us were there before 8:30. I can swear there was no attempt made to deliver the item. So why say they did?
  • Local delivery agent trying to improve their stats?
  • Do they get paid more if the original delivery fails?
The original order stated tomorrow as the probable delivery date anyway, so no hardship. TIT I guess.
More salient would be the delivery company's name, or do shopee have their own now like Lazada. You could always call the young lady and invite her to try again.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Here you go, Flash Express. I'm not that bothered, so long as it arrives before Wednesday. It is the strange trend I'm more concerned about.

shopee.png
shopee.png (189.9 KiB) Viewed 164 times

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - just looking at yesterday's delivery, which went through a similar process. At the top, it offers a 'proof of delivery' link. Below is the proof of delivery :laugh:
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (5.16 KiB) Viewed 160 times

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It's not just them. I get the same at times when US items coming via UPS, SF and DHL. It always says "Delivery Attempted" but in reality it's the driver or office saving themselves from HQ scrutiny. The item always shows up the next working day.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was wondering if they get paid more for having to make multiple delivery attempts.

I've checked back, its a recent thing, and never the person (always the same) failing to deliver actually making the final delivery. Maybe nothing more sinister than the failed deliverer not knowing how to use the software properly.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’d be very surprised if it’s anything to do with delivery drivers not knowing how to use the software - they’re making multiple deliveries every day of the week - more likely to be linked to your first comment about getting extra fees for attempted deliveries!!

Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

I know this doesn't help anyone, but we've had none of the problems with failed delivery or counterfeit items described here. Almost all of the drivers call when they're about to deliver and immediately hang up. If someone is home, they leave it at the house. If not, it's left at the guard shack. Never missed anything.

Granted, some of the items are junk, but these are just poorly made products, not knock-offs.

My wife ordered a lime tree last week. It was delivered by Flash two days later when I was home. It was shipped from Sakhon Nakhon to our home in Korat.

It appears to be a real lime tree, but we won't know that for sure until we pick some real limes.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

hhinner wrote:
More salient would be the delivery company's name, or do shopee have their own now like Lazada. You could always call the young lady and invite her to try again.
I ordered something through shopee today and it seems that shopee does have its own delivery service - SPX Express. So, delivery is guaranteed by 27th and if an attempt to deliver isn't made by then I will get a 20 baht voucher.

Or will it be like BB reported earlier?