Hua Hin - Bangkok by train

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
yameus
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin - Bangkok by train

Post by yameus »

Instead of going to Hua Hin from Bangkok which all travel websites are talking about, I'm going to Bangkok from Hua Hin.

I'm going by train because my accomodation in Bangkok is near the train station... so don't recommend to take the bus instead.

I've checked the Thai Railway website and timetable, but I was wondering if there are any other trains from Hua Hin to Bangkok, perhaps the local ones which are more frequent and cheaper...?

Thanks!
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

the bus station is just around the corner from the train station, all within walking distance from anywhere in the town center
government bus takes around 3 to 4 hours from the mighty BKK, the train be prepared for 5 to 6 hours with delays and it is more expensive than the bus journey the fares are all around the same on the train as with the buses regardless of time there are an abundance of trains and buses from bkk to hua hin the question is are you willing to stand up on the train ?
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Take the train. Safer and at least ou can get up and walk about. The scenery is better as well.

The TRT website timetable is a comprehensive list of all passenger trains that run on that line (the Southern Line). All trains stop at Hua Hin.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that a couple of trains per day go to and from Thonburi rather that Hualumpong. I think they are local slow trains with maybe only 3rd class benches anyway. The timetable tells you everything including the fares.

2nd class fan cars are good enough for a short journey like that.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Loki
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hua Hin - Bangkok by train

Post by Loki »

yameus wrote:Instead of going to Hua Hin from Bangkok which all travel websites are talking about, I'm going to Bangkok from Hua Hin.

I'm going by train because my accomodation in Bangkok is near the train station... so don't recommend to take the bus instead.

I've checked the Thai Railway website and timetable, but I was wondering if there are any other trains from Hua Hin to Bangkok, perhaps the local ones which are more frequent and cheaper...?

Thanks!
Had to travel by train from BKK to HH twice last week. I don't know about timetable in opposite direction but can say about pricing. 2 class was 380 baht for me and included breakfast and lunch. 3 class without food and air conditioning (not too warm, windows are opened), and costs 10 times less, about 40 baht. Trip time was about 3 hrs in both cases but 3 class delayed with departure from BKK for 40 minutes.
yameus
Novice
Novice

Post by yameus »

Thanks for the answers! I'll have a few plans then, whether to take the bus/train.

Thanks again!