Champion's League 2022-23

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Champion's League 2022-23

Post by Lost »

Not champs league but anyone wishing to watch the west ham conference league final, it's free to view on bt sport youtube. City/inter will be the same, broadcasters are under contract to show European finals for free.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

West Ham fans have let themselves down. Throwing shit at the opposing players, with the last onslaught leading to a nasty gash to a player's head and play to be stopped.

Was rooting for the hammers but now cheering on Fiorentina. Absolute bellends.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Lost wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:40 am West Ham fans have let themselves down. Throwing shit at the opposing players, with the last onslaught leading to a nasty gash to a player's head and play to be stopped.

West Ham: Fans attacked by Fiorentina supporters before Europa Conference League final

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65837778

Both sets bellends :thumb:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

sateeb wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:51 am
Lost wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:40 am West Ham fans have let themselves down. Throwing shit at the opposing players, with the last onslaught leading to a nasty gash to a player's head and play to be stopped.

West Ham: Fans attacked by Fiorentina supporters before Europa Conference League final

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65837778

Both sets bellends :thumb:
:thumb:

Good game. I think they're bigging up the conference league a little too much, mind. "First European cup since (whatever)!" "Historic!" "Declan Rice now up there with Bobby Moore!"

Come on. 🤣

Was great to watch on legal stream for a change. Proper HD, no messing about with sites, no interruptions.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Hardly a classic, but it was an exciting game to watch. Well done the Hammers.
Must be difficult for the fans to have gone such a long time without some major silverware... :oops: :duck:
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:17 am Hardly a classic, but it was an exciting game to watch. Well done the Hammers.
Must be difficult for the fans to have gone such a long time without some major silverware... :oops: :duck:
Our time will come. I've a good feeling another will come this century.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lost wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:20 am Our time will come.
Our time?

I've finally had enough, I'm supporting my local team, Doncaster Rovers, from now on! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Apart from anything else, I can probably afford to watch them play! :roll: )
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yeah!!! You've graduated to proper football. Much more fun, and you've already learnt losing is a big part of football - it doesn't matter that much.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Not long off the final. Reminder it's free to view on bt sport youtube. Hope city don't run away with it and it's a close battle but I think they'll brush aside inter easily.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:39 pm Not long off the final. Reminder it's free to view on bt sport youtube. Hope city don't run away with it and it's a close battle but I think they'll brush aside inter easily.
Although I’m not a City fan, I’m hoping they beat Inter - they should, but you just never know in a final!!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

1st half was awful. should have just skipped to the 2nd in the hope it will be better.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Well done City. Tough game. So many games played and it showed a bit. Ederson kept them in it, really.

Lukaku made a difference when he came on, to my surprise. He should have started.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

caller wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:11 am Well done City. Tough game. So many games played and it showed a bit. Ederson kept them in it, really.

Lukaku made a difference when he came on, to my surprise. He should have started.
True. But he should have also buried an absolute sitter. Was put on a plate for him with sides and dessert, that.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Christ, and you say F1 is boring lost.... :roll: :wink:

Can't say I really watched it TBH, simply on in the background.... But even gave up on that shortly into the 2nd half. I guess it's safe to say Man City probably deserved the "Treble" after how they have played across all competitions this season, but at what cost.... Meant literally.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:02 pm Christ, and you say F1 is boring lost.... :roll: :wink:

Can't say I really watched it TBH, simply on in the background.... But even gave up on that shortly into the 2nd half. I guess it's safe to say Man City probably deserved the "Treble" after how they have played across all competitions this season, but at what cost.... Meant literally.

:cheers: :cheers:
Yup, the last four or five champs leagues finals have been disappointing. All one-nils. Think the enormity of the occasion is more to do with it than any sort of 'fatigue', they're professional athletes at the end of the day. Nervousness and overly conservative, maybe?