West Ham win Europa Conference League

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
buksida

West Ham win Europa Conference League

Post by buksida »

Since this section is dominated by Spuds fans, and I'm probably the only Hammer here, it is my duty to post this:

whu.jpeg
whu.jpeg (101.06 KiB) Viewed 661 times

Fiorentina 1-2 West Ham United: Jarrod Bowen goal decides Europa Conference League final
West Ham ended their 43-year wait for a major trophy as Jarrod Bowen scored a last-minute goal to beat Fiorentina and win the Europa Conference League in Prague.

The final seemed to be heading for extra time after Said Benrahma's second-half penalty was cancelled out just seven minutes later by a well-taken effort from Giacomo Bonaventura.

It was a testy and sometimes bad-tempered game - and at one point it got downright ugly as Fiorentina captain Cristiano Biraghi was struck by a plastic bottle thrown from the West Ham section.

The match was settled in the most dramatic manner.

Bowen timed his run to perfection as Lucas Paqueta slid a superb pass through the Fiorentina defence.

The England man ran free, steadied himself, then beat Pietro Terracciano with a calm finish to thrill the Hammers fans - who were far greater in number than the 5,000 tickets they were allotted - and send manager David Moyes running down the touchline to celebrate the first major silverware of his career.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65826820
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: West Ham win Europa Conference League

Post by dtaai-maai »

There was a young fan in Prague on breakfast tv this morning in tears of ecstasy: "I'm so happy to be here; I can't believe West Ham have actually won something. We've got more trophies than Spurs!!!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: West Ham win Europa Conference League

Post by Pagey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:39 pm We've got more trophies than Spurs!!!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
So have most teams.................. :duck:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.