Transfer of title when buying condo

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Transfer of title when buying condo

Post by dundrillin »

I am in the process of buying a new condo from the developers. My lawyers are insisting that any bank transfers from the UK carry a message that states "to buy condo HuaHin ??/???" I have been using Wise, mostly and it is not possible to include this message. However you can tick a box which states the money is for property related purposes.
Does anyone have any experience with this issue at the Land Office.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: transfer of title when buying condo

Post by Nereus »

dundrillin wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:21 pm I am in the process of buying a new condo from the developers. My lawyers are insisting that any bank transfers from the UK carry a message that states "to buy condo HuaHin ??/???" I have been using Wise, mostly and it is not possible to include this message. However you can tick a box which states the money is for property related purposes.
Does anyone have any experience with this issue at the Land Office.

Any help greatly appreciated.
I have done this several times, and yes, you have to prove to the Land Dept. that you have bought the funds in from overseas. You will need some paper form that proves the transfer.

It does not have to be from your sending bank, rather the Thai receiving bank. In the case of Bangkok Bank I just go there and ask them for a letter certifing the transfer. As it is via Wise I suppose that the bank will need some form of proof, such as an incoming transfer notice of foreign funds from Wise.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Transfer of title when buying condo

Post by dundrillin »

Thanks for that. I have documentation from Wise and the print outs from my bank plus the credit advice slips from Kasikorn which state the transfer is via 'The International Trade and Factoring Processing Department" However it doesn't contain the 'To buy condo HuaHin etc" that my lawyer is concerned about so we will have to see how it
goes at the land office.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Transfer of title when buying condo

Post by Nereus »

However it doesn't contain the 'To buy condo HuaHin etc" that my lawyer is concerned about...
As I posted; a letter from your bank is what is needed by the Land Dept.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!