FB Brand Car Battery

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Re: FB Brand Car Battery

Post by Big Boy »

bigston wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:27 am So i pose the question of the " car drivers " on the forum
how long does the battery last in your car here ?
My Ageing Ford Ranger needs a new battery every 2.5 to 3 years.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Same here, around three years for a battery is the norm for cars and pickups. Sometimes using a smart charger can regenerate a battery but not usually for long. I had to change the battery in my Vios, Navara and now Terra after around three years in each case.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

bigston wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:27 am So i pose the question of the " car drivers " on the forum
how long does the battery last in your car here ?
coming from a country where a relatively inexpensive battery lasts 4, 5 years..
I've got two pickup trucks and a car in Thailand, the oldest one is over 17 years now, so I've bought a few batteries and the longest has been 7 years and the shortest about 18 months, in a Honda car from new, like the original post.
I replaced it with exactly the same FB battery and it went about 3 years on that one.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

bigston wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:50 am That one of the things i neglected to bring, ill get a set.....
A bit old school now plus you need a donor battery to jump from.

Nowadays you can buy a powerbank type kit similar to what you can get for your mobile. Keep it in your car but remember to periodically charge it up. If you have a flat battery and no one else around you can jump start it from the powerbank.

Available on Lazada, Shopee etc

https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/car-power- ... t_tag=true
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Pagey wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:10 pm
bigston wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:50 am That one of the things i neglected to bring, ill get a set.....
A bit old school now plus you need a donor battery to jump from.

Nowadays you can buy a powerbank type kit similar to what you can get for your mobile. Keep it in your car but remember to periodically charge it up. If you have a flat battery and no one else around you can jump start it from the powerbank.

Available on Lazada, Shopee etc

https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/car-power- ... t_tag=true
In addition to that posted about ECU controlled charging systems, be very careful if using jumper leads from another battery, more so if from a car with the engine still running. There is a very strong possibility of a large voltage spike, which can take out one or more of the multitude of electronics used on modern cars.

The power bank type is much safer, but they need to be charged up regularly, regardless of use,
because Murphys Law will make sure the small battery is flat just when you need it.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

How long do these powerbank jump start things last. They seem to cost around the same as a new battery. Seems like something else to forget to charge unless you leave it in the charge point.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

The 70mai jump starter I have in the back of the car uses lithium polymer batteries so will definitely outlast the lead acid lump you have in the car..
วินเชนท์
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

When you get Jumper Cables get the longest cable you can find. My first original cable here that came with car was only 1.5 - 2 meters long and couldn't reach anything unless directly next to battery on both cars. Found that out the hard way too. Both of our cars now have 3-4 meter jumper cables.