Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:My comment was to anybody who thinks they can get a good quality breakfast for peanuts - we all know through our weekly shop that many food items have increased by 50% over the past year and restaurant prices reflect this. Ok so you can still get better value between establishments by searching and there’s no problem with that, but generally speaking, there’s normally a close relationship between price and quality.
But who talked about getting them for peanuts?

Why even make the comment?

Nobody said they were all overpriced, the thread simply compared offerings
and then comments on the prices relative to one another.

Why is that expecting them for peanuts? Is comparing the quality and value of various £30,000 cars "expecting them for peanuts"?

If that were the case then "anybody" would be saying that every breakfast is overpriced compared to Nany's at 110 baht.

Which I don't think anyone has said

Your peanuts remark was uncalled for, simple as that

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

How dare you mention peanuts on the breakfast thread, DB? Hugely inappropriate and, if I may say so, rather insensitive of you. The colonel seems to be particularly allergic, they've made him go red in the face and choke over his cornflakes.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Locations that serve a

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:50 pm
Dannie Boy wrote:My comment was to anybody who thinks they can get a good quality breakfast for peanuts - we all know through our weekly shop that many food items have increased by 50% over the past year and restaurant prices reflect this. Ok so you can still get better value between establishments by searching and there’s no problem with that, but generally speaking, there’s normally a close relationship between price and quality.

Why is that expecting them for peanuts? Is comparing the quality and value of various £30,000 cars "expecting them for peanuts"?

If that were the case then "anybody" would be saying that every breakfast is overpriced compared to Nany's at 110 baht.

As was your wasted rant!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I find it incredible that a simple breakfast/food thread has become such a controversial issue. OMG do some have such mundane lives that there only source of enjoyment is trolling and winding people up?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

HHTel wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:47 pm I find it incredible that a simple breakfast/food thread has become such a controversial issue. OMG do some have such mundane lives that there only source of enjoyment is trolling and winding people up?
Yes! It makes me glad that I serve my own breakfast. :shock:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:37 pm How dare you mention peanuts on the breakfast thread, DB? Hugely inappropriate and, if I may say so, rather insensitive of you. The colonel seems to be particularly allergic, they've made him go red in the face and choke over his cornflakes.
Hell's teeth, if we're allowed Fish & Chips for breakfast, why not a nice Satay - hey, perhaps a "Satay Bacon Bun", peanuts a plenty!

:cheers: :cheers: :duck:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^ I refer the Honorable Gentleman to HHTel's post above...

snooty.jpg
snooty.jpg (7.91 KiB) Viewed 7943 times
This is the way
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

thecolonel wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:45 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:36 am
thecolonel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:14 pm

Agree they're pricey compared to others across Hua Hin.

Based on what i see in photos you're paying an extra 50 baht on top for the convenience of being in MV

But then again that's kind of understandable with rents and service charges

I think I will occasionally use this place when i need to do stuff in MV
You saw the pictures? The breakfasts are definitely more substantial than others that I've tried in Hua Hin. You get what you pay for.
Utter nonsense. You obviously havent been to as many places as i have and certainly not to Nits on Soi 102.

Her breakfast for 180 blows this right out of the water in every way.

And yes i saw the pictures, i post pictures of breakfasts ive had so im used to checking what's on the plate

So for 230 baht, where is Burgers and Beers "more substantial" than?

Wherever that is, i certainly wont be going there!!!

In fact the only place that i can think of that would give less(English brekky) food than B&B, but for more money, is 111 Social House on the beach at the back of the new Intercontinental Residences(opp MV) 300 baht for that one. But thats a very fancy dan place and on the beach

"You get what you pay for!" Never heard such b@llocks in all my life. As if some restaurants dont offer better value for money than others. How then does Nits do the same(id argue better) breakfast than Euro Deli but for 50 baht less?

Some people need to get in the real world
Calm down, dear.

Enough people have highly praised Burgers & Beer/Zabwer breakfasts despite the cost to show that you're out of touch. And your flame at the 'peanuts' post shows you're a little conflicted too. :mrgreen:

Gout playing you up yesterday?...

No further comment from me, flame away 'old boy'.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

As I rarely eat a cooked English breakfast, it's a treat when I do. And I am happy to splurge on it. Truth be told, I eat noodles for brekky more often than I do the English version. Something I never imagined would happen when I moved here. But mainly, I have my own mix of muesli, granola, cereal, seeds, nuts and fruits that I brekky on.

Oh, and the odd McDonalds sausage McMuffin as well. I just love the savoury sausage!

If I ate an English brekky more often, then it becomes the norm, so one: I wouldn't want such a big brekky, and two: I guess both cost, and as ever in this town, parking, would be a factor, as I don't use a bike.

Anyway, at some stage, I will still give Nit's a go and report back.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just to be different, this morning my breakfast was 2 hotdogs in rolls with onions and mustard. As someone's said, "Not a traditional breakfast but it's food isn't it?"
However, that brought up another complaint. Why the hell do some companies leave the plastic casing on hot dogs? A pig to remove once it's in the bun with onions and mustard.
Surely, these casings should be removed before packaging which many companies do.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The title of this thread is LOCATIONS THAT SERVE........ So unless you intend serving plastic sausage to the Forum community, can we please

:offtopic:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Please continue HHTel's hot dog discussion here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=41311

Points 51; Position 21
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Locations that serve a

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:50 pm

As was your wasted rant!!
Not wasted at all

Just pointed out that your comment was unjustified

Please try to constructive comments about actual matters in hand(like I have about the subject thread) rather than make disparaging remarks

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

404cameljockey wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:45 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:36 am

You saw the pictures? The breakfasts are definitely more substantial than others that I've tried in Hua Hin. You get what you pay for.
Utter nonsense. You obviously havent been to as many places as i have and certainly not to Nits on Soi 102.

Her breakfast for 180 blows this right out of the water in every way.

And yes i saw the pictures, i post pictures of breakfasts ive had so im used to checking what's on the plate

So for 230 baht, where is Burgers and Beers "more substantial" than?

Wherever that is, i certainly wont be going there!!!

In fact the only place that i can think of that would give less(English brekky) food than B&B, but for more money, is 111 Social House on the beach at the back of the new Intercontinental Residences(opp MV) 300 baht for that one. But thats a very fancy dan place and on the beach

"You get what you pay for!" Never heard such b@llocks in all my life. As if some restaurants dont offer better value for money than others. How then does Nits do the same(id argue better) breakfast than Euro Deli but for 50 baht less?

Some people need to get in the real world
Calm down, dear.

Enough people have highly praised Burgers & Beer/Zabwer breakfasts despite the cost to show that you're out of touch. And your flame at the 'peanuts' post shows you're a little conflicted too. :mrgreen:

Gout playing you up yesterday?...

No further comment from me, flame away 'old boy'.
So first I'm seeking breakfasts for peanuts and now I'm out of touch!

Laughable!

Why am I "out of touch"?

I clearly explained the B&B price difference compared to many at the 170 ish mark(Cheers Nits Pat's Place Happy Coffee 99 Cafe Cool Breeze ) and actually stated it was justified due rents and service charge and convenience for shopping/cinema.

Anyway, just counted up 25 places I've been for English Brekky in Hua Hin and I'm sure not remembered them all

If you think I'm out touch on this matter then a. you're just wrong and b. it's you that's out of touch for making that remark. I eat English Brekky outside minimum 3 times a week all over Hua Hin. There's a few I've not tried yet but I will. Not saying others haven't done more but I'm certainly not out of touch

Ps been to B&B twice this week now and both times they've run out of more than one of the ingredients. I also find the staff to be utterly disinterested and bordering on rude(and before any slags me off for that that's part and parcel of any restaurant review and choice of venue)

The breakfast itself looks fine enough in photos and as said previously im happy to have somewhere to eat this type of food in MV

Pps as for flaming away yeah I fully admit I find it difficult to ignore utterly bullshit remarks, especially when they're completely unjustified

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Guys, this thread has lasted 12 years without too much disagreement. Now, I'm almost regretting having provided feedback on Burgers & Beer. Please can we stop the personal digs, and concentrate on the breakfast. Don't forget, any feedback is personal experience - we all have different tastes.

Points 51; Position 21