Age Demographics of Hua Hin Forum Members 2023 - Please Vote

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.

How young/old are you?

18-30 - yeah you're not here dude, but we'll be inclusive 😁
No votes
31-40
4%
41-50
9%
51-60
18%
61-70
34%
71-80
27%
81-90
6%
Miracle I'm still here
1%

Total votes: 67

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Age Demographics of Hua Hin Forum Members 2023 - Please Vote

Post by handdrummer »

nanyang wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:03 am
handdrummer wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:00 pm
Lost wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:17 pm Who is the oldest member on the board? A couple in the 81-90 bracket! If my math is mathing you guys lived through WWII! Mucho respecto.

:cheers:
Unless one was in Europe or the UK, at the age of 0-6, one didn't exactly live through WW 2. The only 3 experiences of the war, that I recall, are, travelling on a train between Detroit and Chicago. The train was filled, into the aisles, with service men, and when I had to go to the toilet they lifted me above their heads, passed me down the aisle to the toilet and, when I finished, passed me back to my seat with my mother. In Chicago, I remember black-out curtains on the windows and air raid warnings. At the end of the war in Europe, there was a parade in downtown Chicago and my grandparents took me to see it. My grandfather lifted me unto his shoulders to see the parade. None of that qualifies as living through WW 2.
Air raid warnings in the USA :roll:
Yes, they were practice warnings, just in case....... Now you can roll your eyes in the other direction.
As Miss Amelia Porkchops said, in her Jamaican lilt, one Saturday evening, in Hunkie Hoagies Handy Hangout, in Venice, Ca., "If you don' know, you better ask some body.