Where to get Mexican food in Hua Hin ?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Where to get Mexican food in Hua Hin ?

Post by HHTel »

Terrace 90 will be closed for Spring Cleaning an extended holiday starting 29 March
7 years ago. The last post on the 'Terrace 90' thread in 2015. They never re-opened. I've never known why.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Oh yes, I remember Terrace 90, it was the Restaurant 92 that was confusing me :D.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It did re-open a while back, but I think that one closed a few months back. I never tried the reincarnation.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I think the 'reincarnation' couldn't match the original. People visited hoping it was the same and were disappointed. Hence the lack of customers caused it to fail.

I'm still curious why the owner flushed the business. From my visits, it certainly appeared to be doing well.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The Terrace 90 owner, at least the original one, was a career military food services head NCO. An entire first 20+ year career feeding the masses who demand good chow. I think you saw his expertise and quality reflected in his menu. My understanding is that he's now moved over to somewhere here in the east, and is active in local VFW (Veterans of Foreign wars) organizations. He hasn't opened another restaurant to my knowledge.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Terrace 90 is now called Le Jardin. I spoke with the new owner when he first purchased the place. He said that he had planned to open the restaurant (French, of course) on March 19th. I drove by yesterday and it is still not open, but looks just about ready.

I doubt there will be nachos, tacos, or quesadillas on the menu. Just had to add that to make this relevant to the thread’s title! ;)
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Just returned home from observing Cinqo de Mayo by stuffing my face at the taco buffet at the Siam Bakery, located at the Marriott. I deem it worthy. Best American version of Mexican food that I have had since coming to Thailand 18 months ago. Well worth the 500 or so baht I spent.

Huge variety of meats, to include marinated, large shrimp, battered chunks of sea bass, carne asada, pork, and chicken. Hard shells and small, thin tortillas are offered, as are four varieties of nacho chips. Toppings are sour cream, guacamole, onions, cheese, pico de gallo, olives (green, wtf?), and lettuce. Several hot sauces/salsas offered, to include Cholula, Tabasco, and Frank’s. The nacho toppings are chili con carne, melted cheese sauce, and phad graprao. Two scoops of fantastic coconut ice cream to cleanse the palate and send us packing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

I hear there is a new Mexican place next to, or part of, Oasis(Wonderland 2)

Name is Express Mexican Food
dragonseeker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dragonseeker »

Yes behind Sabai Bar which is the first bar you come to when entering from the big car park with the boxing hall. Had some quesadillas there on a couple of occasions. Not up on South American food so cannot compare quality. Cheaper than the Sheraton though.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

thecolonel wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:17 am I hear there is a new Mexican place next to, or part of, Oasis(Wonderland 2)

Name is Express Mexican Food
https://www.facebook.com/Expessmexicanfood/