Boys flee pit bulls, pet cat savaged to death

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I thought that these animals were banned here. Typical Thai BS; me first, stuff the rest of you!
.................................................................................................................

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... d-to-death

KANCHANABURI: Two young boys fled in terror as three pit bull dogs owned by a monk at a nearby temple broke into their home and later savaged and killed their pet cat on Tuesday.

Santi Kasinthuram posted a video of the incident on his Facebook page.

He said the pit bulls barged into his house through a sliding door while his sons, aged 6 and 8, were playing with their pet cats on Tuesday evening. Their grandmother was in the kitchen at the back of the house.

The two boys ran, screaming to safely, but one of the cats fled through an open window and was chased and bitten to death in the front yard, Mr Santi said.

In the video, several other dogs were also seen outside the house.

Mr Santi said he had filed a report at Muang Kanchanaburi police station but did not want to take legal action against anyone.

He said the temple abbot had previously admonished the monk, telling him to keep a close watch on the dogs, but he never listened.

"I just want the right agencies to help out and talk to the monk because there are about 10 pit bulls at the temple. If the dogs did not chase the cat, my sons could have been be in grave danger," Mr Santi said.

Police were to meet the monk who owns the pit bulls on Wednesday, to find ways to prevent them from attacking others in the future.

May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Re: Boys flee pit bulls, pet cat savaged to death

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:41 pm I thought that these animals were banned here.
No, far from it. Market Village actually holds a Pit Bull show at least once every year.

There a place about 400 yards from me that breeds them.

Like most dogs, lovely animals when brought up properly. Unfortunately, not all are brought up properly, and I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of one that wasn't.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Hmm, more Thai BS:
.................................................................................................
Banned breeds in Thailand

https://www.petraveller.com.au/blog/ban ... %20Terrier

Prohibited dog breeds in Thailand

Thailand is a fairly pet-friendly country and most people in the country love their pets. Cats and small dog breeds are the most popular pets in the country. While there are not too many pet-friendly restaurants and other activities, things are changing as more and more people are adopting pets.

Thailand has a breed-specific ban in place for the import of strong and aggressive dogs to curb dog attacks on the general public and animals.

Banned breeds in Thailand are:

American Staffordshire Terrier
Pit Bull breeds that include American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Bulldog and Staffordshire Bull Terrier

While it is not illegal to own these breeds in Thailand, the import of these breeds is prohibited by law. These breeds are banned for import in many countries around the world for several reasons. They have broad, strong jaws which means they can inflict great harm when they attack. They are strong, large-sized dogs that are not always easy to control. Though not all dogs of these breeds are aggressive and unfriendly, breed-specific legislation assumes that these breeds are vicious because of the history of attacks and dog bites by these dogs.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Having watched the video, I don't believe the boy was in any danger whatsoever. It was just dogs and cats doing what dogs and cats do. Mind you, that little cat against 3 monsters :shock:

Those dogs are so powerful. Incredible how the first dog wrecks the mosquito screen when it sees the cat.

It isn't a nice thing to see one animal mauled by another, but I've seen small Soi dogs do the same.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Only banned for import. That's a half-hearted ban!
The ones that are here will breed of course.
I just want the right agencies to help out and talk to the monk because there are about 10 pit bulls at the temple.
And allowed to run free.

Neither are they collared so probably never leashed.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

From what I saw of the video, the dogs are caged for a lot of the time and are let out on occasion. Not a good practice, as these types of dogs need space to run around in and are not suitable for confined spaces for extended periods of time. The monk in question has indicated that if no one will take care of the dogs, he will leave the monkhood and take care of them himself. To me, it appears the be a case of shutting the barn door after the horses have bolted.
วินเชนท์