Non-Immigrant Visa, OA code (1 year term) holders to require Covid insurance

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Re: Non-Immigrant Visa, OA code (1 year term) holders to require Covid insurance

Post by lomuamart »

As an example, I was back in the UK towards the end of last year and as has been said, I needed the health and covid insurance to return. I'm on extensions of a Non O.

Initially, I was quoted 32K THB to last me until the end of this September when my extension expires. That was when the covid cover was 100K US and for a year even if I didn't need that long.

Luckily, a couple of weeks later when I went to buy it, the covid cover had dropped to 50K US and the insurance company had worked out schedules for those that didn't need a full year. I only needed from Dec 29th to September 26th.

The premium dropped to 19K THB.

That was through AA and Tune Insurance.

Must admit that my biggest concern right now if I was to go back again this summer (still covered under the existing policy) would be whether the insurance company would honour their obligations for covid quarantine if I was asymtomatic or not at death's door. I haven't got my head around the latest squirming from the Thai government and their insurance buddies.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Non-Immigrant Visa, OA code (1 year term) holders to require Covid insurance

Post by StevePIraq »

The biggest concern I have is the deductable component which is huge and unless you have an exceptionally serious illness or accident you will never be able to claim. Check your deductable value.

To extend my Non O-A I am now considering getting Renewal (before Sep,1 2022)
The applicant must have the valid local health insurance policy with the minimum of coverage of 400,000 Baht for inpatient treatment and 40,000 Baht for outpatient treatment. This costs about 15k and I beleive 400k cover is enough as I can support via my own funds.

Next year may be a very different requirment.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali