PT Prachuap Grand Prix 2021 scheduled for late January

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Re: PT Prachuap Grand Prix 2021 scheduled for late January

Post by KhunLA »

I don't think that's the starting point of the race anyway. I just used it since the overhead sign was there. Wouldn't be the brightest idea to start on a curve, with a hard right within the first 100 meters. :shock:

This is along the surfside straight away, needs to have the other half painted, but has 'start' lights, as you would see at a drag strip, horizontal vs vertical. Also a possible viewing area there, which they have quite a few of. Multiple stands for photographers also, one in the surf.

Not sure how 'closed' the event will be. Did notice the stadium has a 'P2' parking sign, shy of 1 km away, on the far side of the overpass into town. Didn't notice a P1 anywhere. Also detour signs set up at the last turn, just after the 7-11 toward the overpass. Which makes no sense, to direct traffic back the hwy 4. Should simply use the U-turn before it.

More than a few possible vendor / food / merchandise areas / coverings around the area, along with possible viewing area, but no seating set ups as of yet. That's at noon today.

I'll probably pop over with my e-bike or simply walk, depending if they have the overpass or road to RR blocked or not. If so, use the e-bike to go around the long way. Figure I'll have more freedom of movement on e-bike, then e-motorcycle.

Still not sure if it's going to be a 'race' with multiple cars, or simply 'timed runs', with maybe best average of 3 runs for a race time. Really can't imagine cars battling it out for position on that circuit.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Maybe this is what they mean be closed event ???

buksida

Post by buksida »

Won't bother going myself as it is looking like a world of hassle (like most things here lately). Looking forward to your pics though if you get any. :cheers:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

I don't know if they plan on enforcing the C19 test to attend, as can't see how they could / would. I was down there yesterday before noon, and had access to their 'staging' areas, trailers unloading cars. Nobody stopped me on my scooter at some areas, didn't try at others, but don't think they would stop me if walking.

West side of the 'route' at wat across from monkey mountain 🤣 and everyone had free access at race time. Saw couple vids of FB member.

Not sure if I'll take many photos, though probably will. Fast cars, and that's a stretch, don't do a whole lot for me. But I'm there, they are there, and no new birds in the area. Was down there last night, coming back from dinner, and surfside (racing done for the day) was busy busy busy. Vendors lined the southern side of the pier on the surfside rd. So nice event for the vendors & restaurant, and doing a brisk business.

If coming up, maybe a good time check out a new restaurant that opened, Corne Brazilian Steak house on the North shore side, up past Golden hotel. http://tiny.cc/w6onuz

If they accept your ID / address as 'local', you get a VIP card, 40% off menu items, not that they are overpriced, but makes for a better check bin 😃

Parking at the stadium, w/free shuttle to 'event', although the overpass was open, and parking surfside not a problem daytime.

next photos are not mine, but screenshot from FB (Prasopchoke Jitchaichan).
Can walk different viewpoint of race, he just happen to take shots as car going away, and then at another spot on a curve.
Imageupper lower workout
Photo Credit: Prasopchoke Jitchaichan
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Not mine, buy his page has a few shorts on it ... scroll down to 20hr ago.
Turn volume down:
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

buksida

Post by buksida »

Not on FB so cant actually see this, but apparently Prachuap FC are showing live coverage today:

https://fb.watch/aFQpw1sL5x/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

buksida wrote:Not on FB so cant actually see this, but apparently Prachuap FC are showing live coverage today:

https://fb.watch/aFQpw1sL5x/
This FB page seems to be public. No login required.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Not knowing about the Prachuap GP today we went down to customs. Had to return to Petchkasim twice to try different routes since the road from town was blocked off.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

They have schedule for road 'opening' a few times a day. And the short cut, not longer accessible due to rail line fencing.