Makro vs. other suppliers

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Makro vs. other suppliers

Post by Dannie Boy »

I called into Makro Hua Hin this morning and although the screening precautions were heightened, the food availability looked normal and I didn’t notice any bare shelves
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You'll never see empty shelves there. They always expand on the products they have to avoid 'emptiness'. As with the ketchup shelves, filled up with other products.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Makro vs. other suppliers

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote:You'll never see empty shelves there. They always expand on the products they have to avoid 'emptiness'. As with the ketchup shelves, filled up with other products.
Somebody above stated that yesterday they had empty shelves in some areas so I was just commenting that today I didn’t notice any empty shelves!!

I’ve just checked and it was you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:laugh:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Noticed that they (temporarily, hopefully) lost another 6 staff to Covid in today's report.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

HHTel wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:10 pm Just come back from Makro and the reduced staff is noticeable with only 2 or 3 checkouts open. Many of the staff I'd guess are isolating.

On another note: Shortages of common items are evident. Makro have no stock of tomato ketchup of any brand or size. I managed to get some at Villa although I took the last bottle of Rosa and after taking a further bottle of Heinz, that just left a single bottle. There are other items which I'm sure are known to regular shoppers.
Tell me, DB. Where in that post do I mention empty shelves. The shelves are always filled up with existing stock. In the section where ketchup is normally found, it's filled up with other sauces.

You only notice the shortages when looking for something you've always bought in the past...... and it's gone! But there will be something else in it's place.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Was everyone this picky before Covid-19 or have we all become hyper-sensitive & touchy?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:20 pm Was everyone this picky before Covid-19 or have we all become hyper-sensitive & touchy?
I think HHTel has always been picky, I’ll just have to be more careful when I read his posts in future and try not to read more into anything he’s saying!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just correcting a mistake which made me out to contradict myself. Anyway we'll move on.

Just a couple of things regarding the shortages. In the 'pasta' aisle, for example, apart from the pasta, the rest of the shelves are filled with dozens of small jars of Heinz basic spag sauce and the rest is tinned tomatoes. There have been many occasions when they've run out of a particular item but as I've said, you'll never see empty shelves. Sensible plan.
Just now there are more such instances than usual.

I often have to re-read a post after making a wrong remark. No biggy!