weight lifting equipment?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

weight lifting equipment?

Post by LolaBeltran »

We are looking for a store that sells new and/or used weight lifting gear . . .barbells of various types, weight benches etc. Used to be one on 3rd floor Bluport. Gone.

Old thread here mentions a store in town but the thread goes back to 2013.
Homepro had a few items just outside the store on the right, but nothing useful.

Appreciate any information. Thanks
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: weight lifting equipment?

Post by handdrummer »

LolaBeltran wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:42 pm We are looking for a store that sells new and/or used weight lifting gear . . .barbells of various types, weight benches etc. Used to be one on 3rd floor Bluport. Gone.

Old thread here mentions a store in town but the thread goes back to 2013.
Homepro had a few items just outside the store on the right, but nothing useful.

Appreciate any information. Thanks
2 possibilities; the exercise equipment store on PK road, across from Soi 58 and next to the Mattress shop, and the store that sells exercise supplements on PK road, on the Westside, just after you make the U-turn when you're going South past MV. I think the shop says PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS on the front. The guys that work in the shop look like bodybuilders and they probably know where to buy equipment. You can also look online at Baht Sold.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Thanks so much Handdrummer.
I am checking these out on Google maps and the first seems ideal. But cant find Soi 58. Could you help with further location info please?
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

I think to have seen the Seara branch in soi 112 https://www.searasports.com/
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

LolaBeltran wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:47 am Thanks so much Handdrummer.
I am checking these out on Google maps and the first seems ideal. But cant find Soi 58. Could you help with further location info please?
Soi 58 is just South of The Baguette on the opposite side of the street. I may have made a mistake and it should be Soi 56, but the two are just meters apart.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

I went in and checked the equipment store next to the Mattress place. Found a couple things but at very high prices. Nearly bought a set of hand barbells ( adjustable) where you can add and remove weight plates. Only a single one kilo plate in stock making the whole thing worthless. Checked Baht/sold and found nothing. Next on my list is the bodybuilder shop referenced by Handdrummer. Also seems like there ought to be a used goods store somewhere in town where people who get bored with exercise equipment sell stuff off.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Sports shop in MV basement?
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

The one on the 3rd floor of bluport is open again. Had a look around there the other day and they have some weight training equipment.
I was thinking previously about buying some dumbbells but got some resistance bands and I’m now even thinking whether I need my gym membership. I’ve found you can do just about any exercise with them and they can give a really tough workout but are much easier on the joints than free weights. Plus they are much cheaper and you can take them anywhere.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Never used resistance bands. Will look into this.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

LolaBeltran wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:59 am Thanks so much for the suggestions! Never used resistance bands. Will look into this.
Youtube has several resistance band workouts.