Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
Big Boy

Re: Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Post by Big Boy »

Cases.png
Cases.png (136.21 KiB) Viewed 641 times
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

COVID-19 Situation of 20 July 2021
Prachuap Khiri Khan province
New cases: +44
———————————————
Hua Hin: +4
- Cluster​ dole​ factory​ :+1
Pranburi: +4
-transfer​ for​ treatment​ from​ other​ province​+1
Samroiyod​:+2
Prachuap​Khiri​Khan​:+19
-transfer​ for​ treatment​ from​ other​ province​+3
-illegal migrant​ +3
Thapsakea​:+3
Bang Saphan: +7
-transfer​ for​ treatment​ from​ other​ province​+2
B​ang Saphan​ noi:+5

⚠️6of​ 44 cases : relate​ ​infection​ from other​ province​ ​

⚠️ 7 of the 44 cases have been transferred for​treatment​ from other​ province to various districts in the Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

❗️Note: For more detailed information (in Thai) go to https://www.facebook.com/ssjpcko/
Attachments
FB_IMG_1626760849302.jpg
FB_IMG_1626760849302.jpg (68.44 KiB) Viewed 627 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Cases.png
Cases.png (125.85 KiB) Viewed 501 times

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by caller »

buksida wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:10 am Nice - you have to travel into a Covid riddled red zone to get one!
Dark red zone! We're in a red zone.

And those dark red zones have a heavy curfew and nearly everything is closed. You can't go to the nearest Mall in Bkk to meet mates for a coffee, browse the shops and then have a meal, like you can in Hua Hin, as they're all shut, as are restaurants and all other shops selling anything deemed non essential.

And now they seem, well eventually, to be actually doing something to stop movement, that should help prevent further spread.

When I drove to Bkk on Saturday, I was fully armed with info to prove the reason for my visit at road checks. There was the usual plod presence at the usual place in Phetchaburi, but I got waved through and that was that. Even at the toll booth as you enter Bkk, the BIB were conspicuous by their absence. And although traffic was lighter than normal, it was still reasonably substantial.

Leaving yesterday morning, the traffic in Bkk in what should have been rush hour was virtually non-existent and once over the river was noticeably light in both directions. Once I turned on to route 4, the roads were empty - and still no road checks in place - although heading west before that, I did notice what appeared to be some prep going on by the salt farms, with a huge parasol being erected and a couple of police standing around, so I took that to be the border of Samut's Sakhon and Songkhram, where you enter the dark red zone and where the road checks will start.
Talk is cheap
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

We are planning to drive up from Cha Am to the Bang Sue site on Friday. Does anyone have recent experience ( yesterday, today?) with travel from here into a red zone. Is it possible to get to Bang Sue ( purpose of travel. .get vaccinated) and to return home again to Cha Am without having to quarantine in Bangkok.. .or here at home. Any help much appreciated!!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

COVID-19 Situation of 21 July 2021
Prachuap Khiri Khan province
New cases: +43
———————————————
Hua Hin: +19
- Cluster​ Dole​ +2
- Cluster​ carapace (คาราเพลส)​ +3
Pranburi: +7
Samroiyod​:+3
Prachuap​Khiri​Khan​:+6
Kuiburi: +1
Thapsakea​:+6
Bang Saphan​ noi: +1

⚠️18of​ 43 cases : relate​ ​infection​ from other​ province​ ​

⚠️ 3 of the 43cases have been transferred for​treatment​ from other​ province to various districts in the Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

❗️Note: For more detailed information (in Thai) go to https://www.facebook.com/ssjpcko/
Attachments
FB_IMG_1626848809817.jpg
FB_IMG_1626848809817.jpg (68.08 KiB) Viewed 435 times
buksida

Post by buksida »

LolaBeltran wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:25 pm We are planning to drive up from Cha Am to the Bang Sue site on Friday. Does anyone have recent experience ( yesterday, today?) with travel from here into a red zone. Is it possible to get to Bang Sue ( purpose of travel. .get vaccinated) and to return home again to Cha Am without having to quarantine in Bangkok.. .or here at home. Any help much appreciated!!
According to this edict, which I presume still stands, you're *supposed to* to report in, scan codes, and quarantine for 14 days if returning from the danger zone: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=38929&start=1709

Though as the post above yours mentions, none of it is enforced or even checked.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

There are new rules now, but not sure when they will be in place. For example, you have to get a permit to leave the dark red zone area. That had been published in Thai by late Monday afternoon, but wasn't being enforced on Tuesday morning, when I travelled back from Bkk and in reality would need a few days to be setup, as it involves various authorities around Bkk.

The first thing I would do is check that Bang Sue will still vaccinate people from outside the dark red zones. New vaccine info via the British Embassy that I saw this morning, has stated that yet another vaccine scheme is now available in Bkk for foreigners over 60, but only for those already living in the dark red zones, I assume to discourage travel into and out of those zones.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LolaBeltran wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:25 pm We are planning to drive up from Cha Am to the Bang Sue site on Friday. Does anyone have recent experience ( yesterday, today?) with travel from here into a red zone. Is it possible to get to Bang Sue ( purpose of travel. .get vaccinated) and to return home again to Cha Am without having to quarantine in Bangkok.. .or here at home. Any help much appreciated!!
Sorry for the personal question, but are you 75+? If not, you aren't eligible for the Bang Sue walk-in. For the 60 to 75 age range, you have to live in an adjoining 'deep red' province, and apply via an app/QR Code to receive an appointment within a few days. This is covered in today's Daily Brief.
reg.jpg
(270.81 KiB) Downloaded 333 times

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Rules for travelling across or leaving dark red zones. I have seen an English translation of the form, but can't find it. The form needed is a PDF document and I don't know how to load that. Not that much help I know. This will apply to anyone flying into swampy then travelling here.

How workable all this will be is still to be seen. And the link at the bottom doesn't work.

Competent officials in the area such as village chiefs, sub-district chiefs, district chiefs, police station chiefs.
Procedure for requesting a trip across the province
Cross-provincial travel screening In the case of travelling outside the highest and strict control area, 13 provinces, namely Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Chonburi, Chachoengsao, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Songkhla, Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat.
There are 3 guidelines for leaving the area. Documents must be presented or registered.
Present documentary evidence of permission from officials such as the village chiefs, sub-district chiefs, district chiefs, police station chiefs.
Register via the Thai Chana application at the checkpoint.
Register on the website www.covid-19.in.th
ขอเดินทางข้ามจังหวัดได้ที่ไหน ?
พนักงานเจ้าหน้าที่ในพื้นที่ เช่น ผู้ใหญ่บ้าน กำนัน นายอำเภอ ผู้อำนวยการเขต หัวหน้าสถานีตำรวจ
ขั้นตอนการขอเดินทางข้ามจังหวัด
การตรวจคัดกรองการเดินทางข้ามจังหวัด กรณีเดินทางออกนอกพื้นที่ควบคุมสูงสุดและเข้มงวด 13 จังหวัด คือ กรุงเทพฯ สมุทรปราการ สมุทรสาคร ปทุมธานี นนทบุรี นครปฐม ชลบุรี ฉะเชิงเทรา พระนครศรีอยุธยา สงขลา ยะลา ปัตตานี และ นราธิวาส มีแนวทาง 3 แนวทาง
ในการออกนอกพื้นที่ ต้องแสดงเอกสาร หรือ ลงทะเบียน แสดงเอกสารหลักฐานอนุญาตจากเจ้าหน้าที่ อาทิ ผู้ใหญ่บ้าน กำนัน ผู้อำนวยการเขต หัวหน้าสถานีตำรวจ
ลงทะเบียนผ่านแอปพลิเคชัน ไทยชนะ ที่ด่านตรวจ
ลงทะเบียนในเว็บไซต์หยุดเชื้อเพื่อชาติ www.covid-19.in.th
Talk is cheap
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Big Boy, I am well over 75. The problem I am having is the seemingly contradictory language in that announcement. "Over 60 and living in a red province. Fill out the form ( which BTW only lists red provinces) Otherwise check with local provincial authorities." This seems very clear and excludes me. But then there is this footnote: Over 75 and not living in a red province come on down anytime." So I walk up to the desk at Bang Sue. Which is gonna apply? I wish there was some way to be sure about this before driving up. We did get a QR code for travel, but what is the latest on the road blocks and checks?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The briefing today did state that both the 60+ (registration required) and the 75+ (walk in) were only for people living in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I only know what I heard on the Daily Brief, and if you are old enough, you can just turn up (use Gate 2 if I remember correctly). If you don't want to listen to the entire brief, I suggest you watch the relevant bit which starts at about 9 minutes 50 seconds. I think you will be fine. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

[Edit] This information is not correct, see post below.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:56 pm The briefing today did state that both the 60+ (registration required) and the 75+ (walk in) were only for people living in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces.
I am very sorry LolaBeltran, but HHTel is correct. I've just re-listened to the relevant part of the brief, and it definitely says surrounding provinces. This is different to the information given out yesterday, but I guess they don't want people travelling into the danger area.

Apologies again, but I guess after reading that it was OK yesterday, I heard what I wanted to today.

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

From the Bangkok Post...No surprise really!

Meanwhile, the seaside resort town of Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan has failed to meet its 70% vaccination goal and had to postpone its "Hua Hin Recharge" tourism reopening scheme.

The "Hua Hin Recharge" scheme is Hua Hin's version of the Phuket sandbox, which aims to reopen the city to vaccinated international tourists and had a planned start date of Oct 1.

Phonrawee Seeluangswat, chairwoman of Thailand SMEs Federation and Hua Hin Recharge committee, said Hua Hin has been the priority area for the vaccination campaign, which targeted 100% of workers in the tourism business and service sectors and 70% of Hua Hin's general population by the end of September.

However, Ms Phonrawee said the city is likely to miss its vaccination deadline, because only 10% of Hua Hin locals were already vaccinated.

"We need to keep our eyes on our share of vaccine allocation, whether we will receive 350,000 more doses by the end of August as pledged," she said.

"The main factor that determines whether Hua Hin Recharge will proceed as planned is not the determination of local people to reopen their doors to welcome foreign tourists."
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.