Mobile Phone Providers & Plans

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

Re: Mobile Phone Providers & Plans

Post by buksida »

thecolonel wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:38 pm If anyone is interested, I stress once again *you won't able to change to your old number* not even if it's an AIS number like mine is(or certainly you should assume that for now, I'm still digging)

Personally I found getting a new number last year not that much of a ball ache at all. I'd do it again for such a good deal
With dual sim phones, couldn't you just leave the old number activated and run them both? I've had my number for 20 years and wouldn't want to lose it (it was one of the original 01 mobile numbers that became 081).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:38 pm If anyone is interested, I stress once again *you won't able to change to your old number* not even if it's an AIS number like mine is(or certainly you should assume that for now, I'm still digging)

Personally I found getting a new number last year not that much of a ball ache at all. I'd do it again for such a good deal
With dual sim phones, couldn't you just leave the old number activated and run them both? I've had my number for 20 years and wouldn't want to lose it (it was one of the original 01 mobile numbers that became 081).
Great question.... but don't know!

I really don't know what would happen if you left the old SIM in one of the slots.

I'd be prepared to bet that if someone rang you on old number it would still work for quite a few months at least, but then eventually the network would switch it off. As for outgoing calls surely they wouldnt work.

If I recall correctly, one issue I had with new number was with what'sapp. Although I reckon I ballsed up the process!

Some apps say we recognise new SIM and you have to restart. Although with LINE I think you just carry on and leave your old number as the registered number, so it doesn't matter as its all text/voip anyway

But with WhatsApp I think it's more sensitive to new SIM

Anyway, I'm in the process of price checking if better deal out there but probably isn't.

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

But what about the registration of your name for the SIM card? In Lazada you can use any name you want.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

pitsch wrote:But what about the registration of your name for the SIM card? In Lazada you can use any name you want.
As I recall...

You give the name and passport number to seller

Then you go to AIS shop for final registration and activation

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk