Honda Fuel Pump Recall

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Honda Fuel Pump Recall

Post by sateeb »

Hi all. Got a letter last week from Honda regarding a recall for certain 2019/20 models for a potential fuel pump malfunction, so off I pop to HH Honda and have the pump replaced free of charge in a little over an hour. As I drove away there was a strong smell of petrol which was to be expected but the smell has persisted, not as strong but noticeable after 5 days,

Has anyone else had the recall and the same petrol smell?

Just asking before I make a 32km round trip back to Honda. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Honda Fuel Pump Recall

Post by NOKYAI »

Interesting!
I had to replace the fuel pump on the CRV, but a 2017 model! I guessed using E20 exclusively might have shortened its life. There was no smell of fuel at all on picking it up. I think you are going to have to take it back. You wouldn’t want a fire!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I must agree - get it checked out sooner rather than later
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Thanks all, I'll get it checked out. Either the smell has now gone or I've reached full immunity. :cheers: :laugh:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.