Carabao Cup Final

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Carabao Cup Final

Post by dtaai-maai »

Right, I'm settling down to watch the League Cup Final, Spurs v. Man City. City are obviously the clear favourites, but Kane has (hopefully) recovered from injury, and I have a sneaky suspicion that Spurs have a trick up their sleeves. Nice to see some fans in the ground (8,000 I think).

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!
This is the way
Big Boy

Re: Carabao Cup Final

Post by Big Boy »

For anybody wanting to watch in Thailand, it is live on PPTV36 - dual language.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

First 10 mins. Spurs can't get hold of the ball at all. Can't get out of our own half. Not really looking forward to the next 80 minutes if I'm honest. :|
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Well I guess not being 3 or 4 down at half time is a plus. We have no chance. The only possibility of a Tottenham win is if city somehow don't take their chances for another 75 minutes and we nick it on penalties.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

You were right Lost, you had no chance. You haven't got the calibre of player needed at this level. Take Kane and Son away and you have very little left. And I suspect both of those will leave at the end of the season.

Mourinho was right and it probably got him sacked, 'different manager, same players'.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

caller wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:33 am
Mourinho was right and it probably got him sacked, 'different manager, same players'.
Or even, 'same manager, different players' I think he said. :wink:

Honestly though, we were shocking. I just don't understand why we insist on playing out the back when we haven't got the players for that. Should have conceded a few on that tactic alone. Then to give winks the nod over Ndombele when he hasn't really played a game for a while was bizarre.

Just got it completely wrong today. As usual. I'm thankful I've adopted PSG as my second team since Poch joined as I may get some joy there. :D

:cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Although I only watched a 4 minutes worth of “highlights”on YouTube, Spurs were hardly in the game and the only surprise was the scoreline - a combination of City wasting chances and Lloris making a few decent saves. As for Spurs two best players, Kane and Son were virtually non-existent according to the match reports, although fair credit to Son, who did make a contribution at the end, shedding tears on the pitch!!

Whoever’s in charge of Spurs next season, they have an almighty challenge ahead of them.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:11 am Kane and Son were virtually non-existent according to the match reports
The man I don't mention any more played his usual game in the 1st half (I didn't notice him in the 2nd half). 5 touches, with one being a block after a City free kick.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Carabao energy drink is more exciting than that game was

YNWA

YNWA
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Kane clearly wasn't match fit. But such are the spuds circumstances, there was no real alternative.

I really don't know why Bale is there and at what cost? It seems Mason has as much confidence in him as Mourinho did. Anyway, he has already said he is off at seasons end.

It will be interesting to see who takes over. They have a huge job to do and little money to strengthen.
Talk is cheap
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

The two people responsible for only 1 nil, Loris and Sterling.