Sombat Tour - Bangkok Arrival/Departure Point

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Big Boy

Sombat Tour - Bangkok Arrival/Departure Point

Post by Big Boy »

Many times over the years I have considered using the Sombat Tour bus to and from Bangkok, but I've never been able to find out where in Bangkok they operate from. Their webpage is as useful as a chocolate fireguard. It tells you Vibhavadi, but that just as well be the dark side of the Moon to me. I click on the View Map feature and it comes back as 'blocked'. I put the address, 23/21 Soi Vibhavadi 11-13, Ladyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900 into Google Maps, but when I switch to satellite, there is no bus station anywhere close.

I need to go to Bangkok 6 times in very quick succession in June, and my plan is to travel in the morning, and check into a nearby hotel. Do my business, stay overnight in the hotel, and return to Hua Hin early the following morning. If I don't know where the bus station is, how can I book my hotel?

I have asked several Thais who have used the service (one last week) to show me on a map. They can't find it either, and just say its Vibhavadi.

Can somebody please post a map with the bus station pinned?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Sombat Tour - Bangkok Arrival/Departure Point

Post by VincentD »

BB, I've looked on Google maps, Sombat Tour is right next to the Toyota Buzz on Vipawadi Road. The building itself has a pink triangle over the entrance and is set back from the road. The sign at the entrance (on street view) says Sombat Tour, but only in Thai language. I'd post a screen shot, but I'm using a desktop at the moment so can't just click and post. I've copied the text in the search bar just in case.
https://www.google.com/maps/@13.8217522 ... 384!8i8192
Hope that helps.
วินเชนท์
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Excellent - thank you very much. The Thai who travelled last week confirms, "Yes, the same I go."
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

The street view also shows a line of taxis at the entrance so you shouldn't have a problem getting to where you need to go.
https://www.google.com/maps/@13.8222063 ... 384!8i8192
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

You're welcome. Have a safe trip.
วินเชนท์