WARNING Car Rental

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: WARNING Car Rental

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not returning a deposit is fraud, nothing to do with new procedures!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If 3 national companies are all doing the same, I guess there is good reason.

Tim, I'm assuming they return the deposit eventually, else I'm sure you would have got your credit card company involved. If something untoward, they would have sorted it at the highest level..
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
timuphill
Amateur
Amateur

Post by timuphill »

Maybe desperate times, desperate measures?
But nonetheless, it pays to use your credit card on car rentals, because it gives you additional insurance. Some people in the US say that you don't have to buy often expensive insurance from the rental company, credit card, or your own car insurance is enough, if you have a car in the US. But I am not sure about this..
If you want this extra insurance, you must pay for your rental before you go, not after you return the car.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, it's true if your personal car insurance in the US has a clause stating that rental car coverage is included. I never found that there was an extra charge for that coverage. Credit card car rental insurance I'm not too sure, depends upon the card I would think and what the fine print says.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source