Chromebooks

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Chromebooks

Post by handdrummer »

Another question; Why aren't Chromebooks sold in Thailand?
Big Boy

Re: Chromebooks

Post by Big Boy »

You asked the question on 1st Jun 2018, and was told where to buy one.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

handdrummer wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:26 pm
PeteC wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:43 pm
handdrummer wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:46 pm Can a Chromebook be purchased in Thailand?
TRUE brand Chromebook appear to be sold through Lazada at a reasonable price. Link below. Lazada also shows a Samsung Chromebook, but the price is 21,000 +. Pete :cheers:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true- ... 88805.html
Thanks Pete.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Looking around more, it seems ACER and LENOVO now sell ChromeBooks here. There's a variety of stores that seem to sell them, but I would start by just looking at the ACER and LENOVO main websites for Thailand.

Edit: UBuy seems to have the largest selection, but I have no idea who "UBuy" is and where the merchandise comes from.

https://www.ubuy.co.th/en/brand/chromebook?q=chromebook
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

PeteC wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:44 pm Looking around more, it seems ACER and LENOVO now sell ChromeBooks here. There's a variety of stores that seem to sell them, but I would start by just looking at the ACER and LENOVO main websites for Thailand.

Edit: UBuy seems to have the largest selection, but I have no idea who "UBuy" is and where the merchandise comes from.

Thank you.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:09 pm You asked the question on 1st Jun 2018, and was told where to buy one.
Sorry, one of the perks of getting old is short term memory loss.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not suggesting you should buy from there, but why not have a look in Banana Electronics at either Blueport or Market Village, at least you’ll see what they have on offer and then see if you can source cheaper elsewhere?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I recently went to Banana in MV with the intention of buying a new laptop and walked out with an Acer all in one monitor for 20k baht. Not being a computer wiz it did take the staff some time to convince me that all the computing gubbins were in the monitor. One of my better buys thus far. Came with handrummers favourite Windows 10 pre installed. :laugh: and a wireless keyboard and mouse. Set up to go by the staff in 15 minutes. :cheers:

acer-aspire-c22-960-wp-rf-kbms-01_2_1_1.jpg
acer-aspire-c22-960-wp-rf-kbms-01_2_1_1.jpg (27.57 KiB) Viewed 611 times
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

handdrummer wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:12 pm
PeteC wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:44 pm Looking around more, it seems ACER and LENOVO now sell ChromeBooks here. There's a variety of stores that seem to sell them, but I would start by just looking at the ACER and LENOVO main websites for Thailand.

Thank you.
All of UBuy's computers state that you have to purchase a step-down transformer because they come from the states. I find that strange, because my Dell laptop comes from the states and all I had to do was plug it in to a 3 pin receptacle. Who knows? Anyway, I found a Thai site that sells an Acer 314 for 8,769 BHT.

Anyone want to buy a HP 15" laptop w/Win10, with about 3 months light use, for 9000 BHT. I think they are 15,000 or so, new.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I had a look at Chromebooks in Europe about two weeks ago and those from Acer and Asus look pretty good, I actually went out to buy one but I could only find them in the local stores with those silly French AZERTY keyboards which I find unusable, so I bought a Windows laptop instead.
I haven't had a computer for some years, so didn't really know much about them but I ended up with an Asus Zenbook which I'm pleased with so far. It was more expensive than the Chromebooks that I'd been looking at but I was attracted to the screen quality and the small size when folded.
Meerkat
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Meerkat »

sateeb wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:40 pm I recently went to Banana in MV with the intention of buying a new laptop and walked out with an Acer all in one monitor for 20k baht. Not being a computer wiz it did take the staff some time to convince me that all the computing gubbins were in the monitor. One of my better buys thus far. Came with handrummers favourite Windows 10 pre installed. :laugh: and a wireless keyboard and mouse. Set up to go by the staff in 15 minutes. :cheers:

acer-aspire-c22-960-wp-rf-kbms-01_2_1_1.jpg
I'm reading your post on the same machine bought from the same place. Very happy with it as well. I did shop around and did research etc, but, as I said, very happy.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I am typing this on my Acer Chromebook 11 which I love more than any other laptop I have had. I had the experience of asking in several computer dealers about them.They ALL said they were toys good for small children. Nonsense they are very adult the problem is they are CHEAP and the dealers hate that. Mine I got in a Best Buy in Canada, it was on sale for a little over the equiv of 5000B.