Repelling Mosquitos

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Re: Repelling Mosquitos

Post by Thailightzone »

I live high up in a condo - I shouldn't have any insects. But this is what I have found to be 100% effective so far (at least during this winter period). Now, I may die from some form of carcinogenic lung cancer, but at least I'm not itching.

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

A few yearsago I saw some Australian made skin cream. It had two elements, a sunblocker and anti-mosquito. What a great idea.
boydeste
Novice
Novice

Post by boydeste »

oakdale160 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:57 am A few yearsago I saw some Australian made skin cream. It had two elements, a sunblocker and anti-mosquito. What a great idea.
Boots here in the UK do a similar product in their Soltan range, I use it when I fish around Europe in the summer months.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

There's a product that I've been using for years called Buzz Away. No chemicals. I think that iherb still sells it.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:12 pm There's a product that I've been using for years called Buzz Away. No chemicals. I think that iherb still sells it.
Thank you I will check this out hunddrummer because I do buy some other products from iHerb, But for now I must report 100% itch free success with the ARS plug in vapour.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Thailightzone wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:26 am
handdrummer wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:12 pm There's a product that I've been using for years called Buzz Away. No chemicals. I think that iherb still sells it.
Thank you I will check this out hunddrummer because I do buy some other products from iHerb, But for now I must report 100% itch free success with the ARS plug in vapour.
I use Buzz Away when I leave the house in the evening.

There's also an organic, chemical free, repellent available from Good Karma in Thailand. You can find them online.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Around a dozen years ago I left the UK shores to live in Cyprus where I had previously holiday'd for many years. On arrival in Cyprus one of my new neighbours (an eldery Cypriot Gentleman) suggested I take a 'Garlic' tablet/capsule daily as it will keep the Mozzies away. I took him to his word and to this day, in Cyprus (5 years) and here in Thailand (6 years) I have honestly not ever been bitten by those dreaded little monsters. I use the 'Odourless Capsules' although I'm sure that whatever variety you choose, it will give the same results.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

robcar wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:11 am Around a dozen years ago I left the UK shores to live in Cyprus where I had previously holiday'd for many years. On arrival in Cyprus one of my new neighbours (an eldery Cypriot Gentleman) suggested I take a 'Garlic' tablet/capsule daily as it will keep the Mozzies away. I took him to his word and to this day, in Cyprus (5 years) and here in Thailand (6 years) I have honestly not ever been bitten by those dreaded little monsters. I use the 'Odourless Capsules' although I'm sure that whatever variety you choose, it will give the same results.
That's true. Eating garlic also works. It may keep away more than the mozzies.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:19 am
robcar wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:11 am Around a dozen years ago I left the UK shores to live in Cyprus where I had previously holiday'd for many years. On arrival in Cyprus one of my new neighbours (an eldery Cypriot Gentleman) suggested I take a 'Garlic' tablet/capsule daily as it will keep the Mozzies away. I took him to his word and to this day, in Cyprus (5 years) and here in Thailand (6 years) I have honestly not ever been bitten by those dreaded little monsters. I use the 'Odourless Capsules' although I'm sure that whatever variety you choose, it will give the same results.
That's true. Eating garlic also works. It may keep away more than the mozzies.
Vampires also are repelled. Seriously I also eat a lot of garlic and mosquitos don't bother me. I don't take the pills, just eat raw garlic.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.