MST - time zone?

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Big Boy

MST - time zone?

Post by Big Boy »

A question/seeking confirmation from our US cousins.

My son has to join in a Zoom meeting at 5pm MST. Google tells me that is 7am Bangkok time. Is that correct please? HaHa I'd never heard of Mountain Standard Time until today.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: MST

Post by sateeb »

Thailand is 14 hours ahead of Mountain Time

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/mst-to-thailand-bangkok
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It's easy these days, just type 5 pm mst time bangkok into Google search and you get the answer.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that is what I did, but being British, I am used to people getting confused with daylight saving hours. In the MoD I always had to check for Alpha or Zulu time. Just guessing could have literally meant the ship had sailed. People use British time zones in the wrong context.

I wasn't sure if the US had any quirky time rules, so thought it best to check. It wouldn't look very professional to connect with the other side of the world, and be 1 hour late.

Thank you both for your reassurance.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Re: MST - time zone?

Post by PeteC »

For the record....

61G1jfC9qPL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
61G1jfC9qPL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (71.64 KiB) Viewed 196 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

China seems to operate on one time zone, very strange.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

lindosfan1 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:10 pm China seems to operate on one time zone, very strange.
Yes, the whole place is on Beijing time, which is the same as Hong Kong and Singapore time. It's illegal to be different in China as we know. :roll:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:38 am It's illegal to be different in China as we know. :roll:
Imagine the problems I had being a Welshman there... :shock: :roll: :wink:

As for the "Beijing Time", strange to say the least but had some positives when I was living/working there. When on site in the likes of Urumqi, I could still chat/get support from the office in Chongqing - albeit I could be under stars whilst they were in full sun.

Years ago however, one thing that stuffed me up was taking a flight (from HK) to Sydney via Brisbane - thought there was plenty of time in Brisbane...... WTF, a time difference between Sydney and Brisbane.... "Daylight Savings"?

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.