International friendly England-Wales

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

International friendly England-Wales

Post by dtaai-maai »

Just watching the build-up to the England-Wales friendly. Both teams mumbling the respective anthems, nobody belting it out (except Southgate), all looking embarrassed, some (including Giggs) appeared just to be mouthing nothing in particular - pathetic!
This is the way
pharvey

Re: International friendly England-Wales

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:04 am Just watching the build-up to the England-Wales friendly. Both teams mumbling the respective anthems, nobody belting it out (except Southgate), all looking embarrassed, some (including Giggs) appeared just to be mouthing nothing in particular - pathetic!
I'd love to make a positive excuse in that they are a little self-conscious without the noise of a crowd, but then again....

Sounding like my (Yorkshire born, bred and dear departed) father, the generation in question wouldn't know respect if it bit them on the @rse.... Obviously referring to those with "that" arrogance and disregard.

That said, it hurts when I look at those representing Wales can hardly mutter a word of the language let alone sing our anthem. As for the English national anthem, what is it exactly (separate and pointless argument)?

Many will argue, but there's far more passion in rugby IMHO from all sides.

As for Giggs, he's more Mancunian than Welsh and as a player only made himself available for "high profile" international matches. Although I know "Lost" (even as an Englishman) will argue as he loves him to bits! :wink:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: International friendly England-Wales

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:53 am Although I know "Lost" (even as an Englishman) loves him to bits! :wink:

:cheers: :cheers:
Ah yes, the charming, brother's wife nicking, dickpiece that is Ryan Giggs. He's up there with John Terry and Pogba for players I dislike the most. :D

As for the national anthem... feckin' belt it out lads don't be shy!

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.