Movie Reviews

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Movie Reviews

Post by Lost »

Went to see Tenet at the cinema yesterday.

Was alright but far from Nolan's best work. Thought the editing was a mess. Poor casting choices. Probably a movie I could watch again and pick up bits I missed the first time, which I like. A sort of original storyline.

Overall a 6 out of 10 for me.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Re: ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Movies at Hua Hin Cinema

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:48 pm Went to see Tenet at the cinema yesterday.

Was alright but far from Nolan's best work. Thought the editing was a mess. Poor casting choices. Probably a movie I could watch again and pick up bits I missed the first time, which I like. A sort of original storyline.

Disappointed to hear that - had seen some good reviews and was looking forward to seeing it.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:29 pm
Lost wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:48 pm Went to see Tenet at the cinema yesterday.

Disappointed to hear that - had seen some good reviews and was looking forward to seeing it.
You might really like it pal, just my thoughts on it. I did have massively high expectations for it, given Nolan's previous work, so maybe that didn't help.

:cheers:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:16 pm Just glancing at the cinema website this evening, and I notice another new Original Soundtrack movie has appeared in the Market Village listings.

The New Mutants
The_New.png
The_New.png (153.58 KiB) Viewed 106 times
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4682266/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Just went to see this. Was expecting a 4 or 5 going in but was pleasantly surprised with a solid 6 out of 10.

Unlike Tenet which (aside from the mash up editing and poor casting) tried too hard to be clever and original... you know what you're getting with an X-Men movie. Popcorn stuff. Does what it says on the tin. Promoted as a 'darker' version than before with a 15 certificate, I do wish it went even darker. But... have to keep it's target audience (teenagers) happy.

The obvious woke power plays thrown in were acceptable, fit in properly and not overcooked.

One thumb up from me.

:cheers: