Pocari Sweat

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Pocari Sweat

Post by sateeb »

images.jpg
images.jpg (4.83 KiB) Viewed 217 times
I didn't want to hijack the vitamin supplements thread but this kind of ties in with it.

I first saw Pocari Sweat on a business trip to Hong Kong a couple of years ago and quite frankly I was put off by the name and didn't try it. A few months ago I started a semi serious exercise routine and was looking around for a non sugary sports drink and discovered that the product is hugely popular throughout Asia.

https://www.otsuka.co.jp/en/nutraceutic ... carisweat/

I decided to give it a try and bought a 12 pack at Macro(not seen it in that many 7/11's). It contains a lot less sugar than Gatorade and I quite like the taste.

Since then I have started to top up my bottle with Kale, Spinach, Beetroot and Roselle juice,(I buy the dried Roselle buds also at Macro). Sounds a disgusting mix but tastes surprisingly good.

I was considering buying the Centrum 50+ multivits but after looking at the dietary info on all the juices I think i'm pretty much covered combined with my normal eating habits.

Anyways, just a heads up for any budding silver surfing would be athletes :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Pocari Sweat

Post by STEVE G »

I used to buy that when I was working in Indonesia about 20 years ago. I will admit that I used to drink it on Monday mornings to relieve hangovers!
pharvey

Re: Pocari Sweat

Post by pharvey »

First time I experienced this was when working in Taiwan some 30 odd years ago. Silly heat, silly humidity and this was a great relief...... And to echo SG, not too bad for hangovers!! Though couldn't afford Taipei beer prices in those days!!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.