R.I.P. Kenny Rogers

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

R.I.P. Kenny Rogers

Post by pharvey »

Sad news this morning with the passing of Kenny Rogers.

Kenny Rogers, Country Music Star, Dies Aged 81

"Kenny Rogers, the Grammy award-winning country music icon, has died aged 81.

Rogers “passed away peacefully at home from natural causes under the care of hospice and surrounded by his family,” according to a statement by representative Keith Hagan.

The statement posted on Saturday said he died at home in Sandy Springs, Georgia, from natural causes. “Kenny Rogers left an indelible mark on the history of American music,” it said. “His songs have endeared music lovers and touched the lives of millions around the world.”"

Full Article: - https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... es-aged-81
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: R.I.P. Kenny Rogers

Post by sateeb »

A bit schmaltzy but I did like Islands In The Stream with Dolly P. RIP Kenny. :cry:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

sateeb wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:16 pm A bit schmaltzy but I did like Islands In The Stream with Dolly P. RIP Kenny. :cry:
Indeed, but for me it was "The Gambler".

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

And also the anti Vietnam War song....

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

RIP Kenny. :( Always enjoyed his music and saw him perform in San Francisco in the 1980's. Another good one gone.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source