Pranburi Water

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Tunafish
Amateur
Amateur

Pranburi Water

Post by Tunafish »

I live on a small estate, and we are considering Pranburi Water as an alternative supply.
In the past, we have been ripped of by PEA and Triple B regarding up front costs, and would like to avoid this with Pranburi Water.

Our concerns are, where do the responsibilities of the Supplier and the Customer end? Presumably at the meter.

If that is the case, than does Pranburi Water pay for the piping installation up the meter?
If not, then what do they ask for?

Has anybody got any relevant information to these questions?

We would much appreciate your help and advice prior to our discussions with PW next week
Thank you
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Re: Pranburi Water

Post by huahinjim »

hi. I live in a small mainly Thai village with some western neighbours.

Several years ago Pranburi Water (PW) brought mains water to the village but only to the "main" roads. A group of near neighbours got together and approached PW. The Thai wife of one neighbour acted as liaison.

To be connected at the house PW did a survey (for a charge but taken into account from final charge if the connection is made. otherwise not refunded), measured the distance from the main water supply and priced the cost based on distance to the houses. There was also a deposit for the meter(about 4000 + Baht per houshold). We simply divided the charge amongst us equally plus the meter deposit - paid in advance before they started any work.

Those who had the house in a Thai company were charged for water usage at company rates and those who had the house registered as a Thai owner got the appropriate rate for individuals. Monthly Standing Charge was about 330 Baht including about 10 cubic metres of water. Charges then made for any excess cubic metres used.

Beware that PW put the liaison person's name on ALL the accounts. Several visits and the names were changed accordingly.

It took about a month from start of discussions to get the water piped to the houses. Small trenches were dug, pipes laid and then the trenches filled and a concrete layer added. You will need to make sure you have your own pipe installed from meter to the house and check what size the pipe outlet is from the meter - probably 1 inch. You may need a suitable connector depending on size of your pipe to the house.

Water pressure is sufficient for supply direct to the house even for showers.

Note 1 - that once you have paid for the pipe to your properties then anyone can ask PW to be connected. That would depend on the capacity of the pipes. If insufficient then they would need to pay for a new pipe from the main pipe.

Note 2 - that if your houses are on an estate with a management company then the management company has to give authority for trenches to be dug.

Hope the above helps. Sounds a bit complex but it was quite smooth start to finish.
Good luck

Edit - this was a few years ago and procedures may have changed.
Tunafish
Amateur
Amateur

Water Supply

Post by Tunafish »

Does anyone have any information what Pranbury Water charges up front for a connection?
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Re: Water Supply

Post by huahinjim »

You posted the same message yesterday and I posted a detailed response. Why duplicate??
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Water Supply

Post by PET »

Tunafish wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:22 pm Does anyone have any information what Pranbury Water charges up front for a connection?
About bht15k if their pipe is nearby say 60mt
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Tunafish
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Tunafish »

Thank you huahinjim for your detailed reply,
my apologies for putting up the same question twice, but I could not
find my original posting on the forum website.
Thanks again for your detailed reply, it is most helpful.
HHcolin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HHcolin »

Also before you agree to anything get them to clarify the rate you will get your water at. After connecting to our village we are being charged the commercial rate for our water not the residential rate!
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

Tunafish wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:35 pm Thank you huahinjim for your detailed reply,
my apologies for putting up the same question twice, but I could not
find my original posting on the forum website.
Thanks again for your detailed reply, it is most helpful.
No problem.

When we applied we were given a printout of the various charges showing monthly standing charges & water usage fees ( house in company name; Thai owner etc). After a year or 2 when we established our liaison person name on all the bills we had the accounts put in our own name and the charges were then amended to show as individuals not the company.