Power Buy Co., warranty repairs

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Power Buy Co., warranty repairs

Post by handdrummer »

About 6 months ago, I bought a pair of small speaker for my laptop. 1 month ago they stopped working & as they were under warranty, I brought them back. One of the clerks tested them and confirmed that they weren't working, he gave me a repair receipt and said it would take about 1 month. The month went by, my wife called the repair center in Bangkok and was informed that they had received the repair order but not the speakers. Ms. Repair center apologized profusely and said that she would talk to her supervisor and he would talk to the local Power Buy manager. To be cont.

In the meantime, buyer beware. :cuss:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Re: POWER BUY

Post by Lost »

I admire folk who have the patience and perseverance to return items that broke prematurely. I waste so much money from not wanting to deal with fools (tarring all with the same brush I know, but have never had a good 'return' experience in year's past). Broke in 3 months? Bin - buy new. Faulty but still under warranty? Bin - buy new.

If I got over a few months use out of it, I'm happy (obviously not if said item was over a few hundred quid).

Hope u get them replaced.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: POWER BUY

Post by handdrummer »

Lost wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:06 am I admire folk who have the patience and perseverance to return items that broke prematurely. I waste so much money from not wanting to deal with fools (tarring all with the same brush I know, but have never had a good 'return' experience in year's past). Broke in 3 months? Bin - buy new. Faulty but still under warranty? Bin - buy new.

If I got over a few months use out of it, I'm happy (obviously not if said item was over a few hundred quid).

Hope u get them replaced.

Me too, I'd be happy with repaired. What I'd really like to do is call them a whole bunch of lying mofo's and create a scene in the store when it was full of customers but that wouldn't accomplish anything other than giving me the satisfaction of having done it. :tsk:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Power Buy Co., warranty repairs

Post by handdrummer »

Update. Power in Bangkok called back to say that they had received the speakers and were "waiting for a mechanic to pick them up and take them to the factory." "How long will that be?" "About 1 week." "Where is the factory?" "In Bangkok." "They will be repaired as per the warranty, however, if there is a part that is not under warranty, you will have to pay." If that's that case they can shove the speakers.

An aside to the audience; How can a part in the speaker not be under warranty? That's like a 4 tine fork and 1 of the tines isn't under warranty.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

They will be repaired as per the warranty, however, if there is a part that is not under warranty, you will have to pay.
Gotta hand them points for originality. That's possibly the most ridiculous thing I've heard from a returns/repair department and I've heard my fair share of bullshit.

Get ready to be given a bill.

Honestly, they think we're all idiots! (to be fair it's not only customer service staff that think I'm an idiot. There's a list... :wink: )

Good luck, anywho. Hope I'm proven wrong.

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What I believe they mean is that when they open it up if they find a problem caused by some kind of damage or neglect, that part of the repair won't be covered, i.e., signs of moisture in the unit, pulled wire, electric overload burn etc.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

PeteC wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:30 pm What I believe they mean is that when they open it up if they find a problem caused by some kind of damage or neglect, that part of the repair won't be covered, i.e., signs of moisture in the unit, pulled wire, electric overload burn etc.
If that's the case (and I think u may b right) surely it would have been easier to state 'If we find damage, you have to pay'.

But TIT I suppose.