Buffets in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Buffets in Hua Hin

Post by migrant »

Mrs M and I like buffets. In earlier days I would eat myself into a stupor but have learned a little restraint in my old age.

At buffets, good ones at least, there is a nice variety that you can graze on. The good ones aren't cheap, but to treat ourselves once in a while it's nice.

Some that we have found

McFarland house at Hyatt
This is our favorite. Not the most items but what they have is all top quality. Favorites are the lamb chops, oysters and foie gras. There is still many items to choose from though.
It's every sunday but may need reservations

Sheraton sunday buffet
This has a huge selection of items but some of my favorites, lamb chops, grilled beef, were not the best cuts. Some favorites are the oysters, tandoori lamb (better than the lamb chops).
They have the first sunday of the month but may expand in high season.

Marriott breakfast buffet
This is more of just breakfast it closes, I think, at 10am. We aren't huge breakfast eaters but tried it out. Large selection of items but some of my favorites were missing, eggs benedict and hashbrowns.

Dusit Thani
Used to have a great carvery buffet on mondays but replaced it with a healthy eating buffet (bastards!!). They have a Friday seafood bbq that was good, large selection and some meats also. It's been a while but we will go back again.

Disclaimer
Hours, items, etc may all change so best to double check. Most have the option to add on free flow beer and wine if you want.

Any other good ones out there? :cheers:

Thanks!! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Buffets in Hua Hin

Post by HHTel »

Check out Corner 112 on Friday and Saturday. Brazilian 'all you can eat'.

There's a separate thread on this restaurant.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Prices would help ... so we know which ones not to bring the kids to ... :duck:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Corner 112 is 690 baht but includes cuts of lamb, pork, beef and chicken along with the accessories.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

buksida wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:48 am Prices would help ... so we know which ones not to bring the kids to ... :duck:
None are cheap, I hesitated to quote prices in case they change.

Marriotts breakfast was 800

Sheraton I think around 1200-1400

McFarland house around 1500-1800

Prices without free flow booze

I know one of your kids would get his monies worth!!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

HHTel wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:53 am Corner 112 is 690 baht but includes cuts of lamb, pork, beef and chicken along with the accessories.
Thanks! Have been following that thread and it's on the list!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

They've just updated their new opening times:

11am - 10pm
Closed on Tuesdays
dennism53
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dennism53 »

My wife and I eat out and splurge for one of these buffets once a month. We live a little further South in Dolphin Bay. Lucky for us that, in our opinion, and we've hit all of them from Cha Am to Prachuap Khir Khan the best breakfast buffet is in PakNamPran at the Evason. The breakfast is 650 Baht and blows most away with selection and quality. I will agree that the top high end spread is McFarland House at the Hyatt but it's also 1,500 Baht vs 650 B at Evason.
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro! HST
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Each to their own, but heck! You are spending some money there..

Try venturing away from the international hotels and discover the sort of spread an ethnic Thai restaurant will lay on for that sort of cash. Don't worry that the spices might blow your head off - they can, but a taste for spicy food is a very regional thing in Thailand and it's absolutely not a 'faux pas' to say 'no spicy' when ordering.

If your Thai is limited and you want some guidance, go for a massage and then ask the boss of the shop if you can 'borrow' one of their girls to act as guide/translator. They will normally expect a fee for that (probably 300) and you should give the girl a tip also, but after she's shown you the ropes you'll be a free agent.

Ethnic Thai restaurants can look a bit dingy and grubby sometimes, but don't let that put you off - they are much less likely to poison you than the fast food chains and curry houses in town..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...