How to obtain a marriage certificate

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
blahblah
Amateur
Amateur

How to obtain a marriage certificate

Post by blahblah »

Greetings forum,

I'm in the UK - and need an original Marriage Certificate (married in Thailand) - the (absconded) wife has it of course, and I need it ...

Any ideas / suggestions on how I could obtain it?

thanks in advance,

B
buksida

Re: How to obtain a marriage certificate

Post by buksida »

The only place I know that issues original marriage certificates is the amphur office where the wedding was registered.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
blahblah
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blahblah »

oh dear - then I'm stuffed. Unless I fly to Thailand, then go down to the Amphur, then back again...

I had hoped that I could get it through the Embassy.

If I DID decide to go through this stress, what would I need (paperwork, etc) to get a copy?
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

Did you register your marriage in the UK?

If you did, they should be able to help.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Try the Embassy first. A simple enquiry via e-mail isn't going to cost much, and could save you a lot of hassle.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

blahblah wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:17 pm oh dear - then I'm stuffed. Unless I fly to Thailand, then go down to the Amphur, then back again...

I had hoped that I could get it through the Embassy.

If I DID decide to go through this stress, what would I need (paperwork, etc) to get a copy?
It would be a lot cheaper to appoint a lawyer as Power of Attorney and have them do it. Payment could be made by bank transfer. Plus they SHOULD know exactly what is required.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

There should be two issued copies of the document - one is yours and one is hers.. The third lives in the amphur where you registered..
วินเชนท์
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The Couples who wish to obtain a copy of their marriage certificates in Thailand involves different procedure such as providing a Power of Attorney certified or notarized by the Thai embassy or consulate. It should go together with the Id card of the Thai party.

In any case that the married couple is a foreign national, aside from providing a Power of attorney from the Thai embassy or consulate abroad, one must provide the correct Thai translations of their names used for the registration. It is also a must to provide which district office the marriage has been registered in Thailand. Please also know that only the marriage addendum can be requested from the district office.
Got this from a google search on one of the Thai Embassy websites.
blahblah
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blahblah »

nanyang wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:39 pm Did you register your marriage in the UK?
If you did, they should be able to help.
Err, I'm not sure what this means. I never sent the marriage documents to any British agency.
Sorry, not sure what you mean.

Which agency do you mean with "
they should be able to help
"

Thanks
B
blahblah
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blahblah »

VincentD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:46 am There should be two issued copies of the document - one is yours and one is hers.. The third lives in the amphur where you registered..
Thanks, but as far as I remember, we were only given 1 copy. This was in 2015.

So, if I went (alone, or with a translator) to the amphur- do you think they would give me a copy?

Thanks
B
blahblah
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blahblah »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:23 am Try the Embassy first. A simple enquiry via e-mail isn't going to cost much, and could save you a lot of hassle.
Thanks BigBoy - I tried phoning them during the week. NO ONE answers.

Will look for a contact form.

Thanks
B
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Wow. wow. wow. such stupid questions are only asked by Brits.
Not surprising they are in a big shit named Brexit.
Did he lost his certificate ? His wife has another one.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:12 pm Wow. wow. wow. such stupid questions are only asked by Brits.
That would be the wife who has disappeared... the uncooperative one... Yet another post establishing what a nasty piece of work you are, euromoron. :roll: [where has that 'branleur' emoji gone?]
This is the way
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:20 pm
europtimiste wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:12 pm Wow. wow. wow. such stupid questions are only asked by Brits.
That would be the wife who has disappeared... the uncooperative one... Yet another post establishing what a nasty piece of work you are, euromoron. :roll: [where has that 'branleur' emoji gone?]
Why didn't he made a copy ? That's logic. Where is the original ? he lost or forget where it is ? Maybe Alzheimer...... Where is the wife and why does he needs the certificate.
As somebody suggested a lawyer can do it locally.
Euromoron has the original as well the copy , and you avoid fckg. stupid comments.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:49 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:20 pm
Why didn't he made a copy ? That's logic. Where is the original ? he lost or forget where it is ? Maybe Alzheimer...... Where is the wife and why does he needs the certificate.
As somebody suggested a lawyer can do it locally.
Euromoron has the original as well the copy , and you avoid fckg. stupid comments.
:tosser:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.