TM30, TM6 and 90-day apps now available in Google Play

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

TM30, TM6 and 90-day apps now available in Google Play

Post by HarryVardon »

I have noticed that Thai Immigration now has 3 apps available in the Google Play Store (and I assume also in Apple store). The TM30 App is called "Section38" and, after registration, seems to work OK and simply. During Registration it asks for a File to be downloaded but doesn't say what so I downloaded my rental contract. I also had to invent a name for my house. Although there are lots of arguments about TM30 we are stuck with it. It seems that if I stay in a hotel (or whatever) in Bangkok for one night then the hotel will automatically inform Immigration that I now live in Bangkok. When I return to Hua Hin it is my responsibility to inform immigration I am back in Hua Hin or I can be fined. Also, if my children visit from Europe and stay with me, it is up to me to inform immigration that they are staying in my house or I can be fined. The app makes both these things simple to do. Arguments about the laws being rubbish or stupid do not change the laws! The TM6 app is called "etm6". All this does is allow you to fill in your TM6 at home instead of on the plane. You still have to take a printed copy with you to passport control. The 90-days reporting app is called "ImmeService". This allows you to apply for a 90-day extension at home but it has to be done well before the expiry date to allow Immigration to process your request.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: TM30, TM6 and 90-day apps now available in Google Play

Post by HHTel »

I thought it was announced recently that the TM6 had been scrapped.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Arrivals and Departure Cards still in use on my recent venture to Malaysia.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HarryVardon wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:16 am The TM30 App is called "Section38" and, after registration, seems to work OK and simply. During Registration it asks for a File to be downloaded but doesn't say what so I downloaded my rental contract. I also had to invent a name for my house. Although there are lots of arguments about TM30 we are stuck with it.
I have access to the application through the traditional registration. However, I tried to use it 5 times when I got back from Malaysia, and received 5 error messages, so it's still Thais and Technology at their best.

Has anybody successfully used the application for reporting their return?

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Deputy Secretary-General to the Prime Minister, Kobsak Pootrakool, confirmed on Tuesday evening that the TM6 reporting form to be filed on arrival and departure from Thailand is being scrapped by the government.

TM6 found to be never to have been used
The government spokesman also revealed that the government had decided to scrap the TM6 arrival and departures card that every foreigner in Thailand will be very familiar with. He is reported as saying that Thailand will experience 40 million visitors this year and that the cards simply ended up being stored and never used by authorities or security services.
https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news- ... ootrakool/

It was reported in several publications from around 19/20th September.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That just goes to show how joined up Thailand is - probably nobody has told Immigration yet :?

Points 48; Position 20
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:24 am I have access to the application through the traditional registration. However, I tried to use it 5 times when I got back from Malaysia, and received 5 error messages, so it's still Thais and Technology at their best.

Has anybody successfully used the application for reporting their return?
Yes, I used it (the Android app, that is) when I came back from the UK in September, without any problem.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I don't plan to be away now until the end of November, so I'll download and try the app then. Doing it via my computer was a farce.

Points 48; Position 20