Perforated Drainage Pipes

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Perforated Drainage Pipes

Post by Khundon1975 »

B13E26EF-F2A8-43B9-86F1-724F2BDCEE07.jpeg
This is in Thai and English but may point you to what you require. You need white, non woven, geo textile.
Hope that helps.

http://www.greeninspired.co.th/products ... eotextile/

Also, Alibaba sell it.

https://m.alibaba.com/showroom/thailand-geotextile.html
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I have constructed several of these drains, including one here where I made my own slotted pipe. TBH I would not bother too much about the textile cover. It depends more on just what type of material that is covering the pipe. If you stay away from fine sand I doubt that there would ever be a problem with it. If the pipe has one partly blank surface side it is more of an argument of whether that part should be laid on the bottom or the top part of the pipe. It also depends on just where and how the drain ends. Drains here tend to be run out to the road, and that is why it is difficult to find perforated pipes. Just pass any drainage problem on to the next bloke is the attitude!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
cheshiremusicman2
Novice
Novice

Post by cheshiremusicman2 »

Many years ago I installed 'French drains' in my lawns using slotted blue pvc pipe, which I bought from a builders yard in HH. I used the blue horticultural netting to wrap the pipes in and I have not had any problems since I did this and that is 13 years ago.