True Vision Satellite TV LNB upgrade

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
brianhuahin
Amateur
Amateur

True Vision Satellite TV LNB upgrade

Post by brianhuahin »

Those who are subscribers to True Vision Satellite TV will have noticed that they are doing some engineering upgrade to the satellite or a swap to a new one.
This involves a replacement of the low-noise block downconverter (LNB).
The response from the 1242 number to book a site visit to upgrade is zero, so my better half went to the shop near Dinosaur market.
They say that there is a cost of 700 baht for the new (LNB) hardware and 200 for labour.
They also need to see if the set top box is compatible, costs of upgrade is set at 1600 Baht.
Has anybody successfully had the work done?
I can’t understand why the customer should pay for their change in satellite. May be its a scam!!
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Brian
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: True Vision Satellite TV LNB upgrade

Post by Nereus »

Hmm, I am not using a dish, but for sure they have been continually streaming that there is no charge to change the LNB.
Don't believe that I would take much notice of any place other than the main office on Petchkasem Rd.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It's a scam. There is no charge at all. Keep calling the official TRUE number until you get through.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
brianhuahin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by brianhuahin »

Discussions have taken place with True.
The up shot is that I had forgotten that I own the satellite dish. If I had rented it then there would be no charge to upgrade. I hope this serves to clear up the differences.
It is worth noting that if folks leave it to the last minuet to upgrade then the limited staff available to do the work may result in the service not being available. Be warned.

Regards
Brian