Two active retirement visas (different countries)

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
ric
Amateur
Amateur

Two active retirement visas (different countries)

Post by ric »

Anyone know if there is anything that prevents a person from having two active MULTI-ENTRY RETIREMENT VISAS( Thailand & Cambodia) in their passport ?
barrys
Legend
Legend

Re: TWO ACTIVE RETIREMENT VISAS

Post by barrys »

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a retirement visa as such in Thailand. I think the correct technical description is a one-year extension based on retirement. These visas are not multiple-entry per se, though you can apply and pay in addition to have a single or multiple reentry stamp entered in your passport.

Cambodia does issue a one-year retirement visa and all one-year visas issued in Cambodia are multiple entry without any further formality.

I have had the former before and now have the latter. I can't see any difficulty with having the two simultaneously.

I live mainly in Cambodia but visit Thailand for a few months each year. For the Thailand visits, I use a 2-month tourist visa, which can be extended for a further month.

It obviously depends on your own personal circumstances, but the way I do it means you don't have to deposit 800k in a Thai bank. There are no financial requirements for obtaining the Cambodian retirement visa.
ric
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Two active retirement visas (different countries)

Post by ric »

Barrys, Thank you for your reply.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

You can pay to get an extension which is multiple entry in Thailand. No need to pay for an re-entry stamp each time, but if you only need 1 re-entry it is cheaper to do so. If you need 2 you are at the same price level as the multiple entry visa.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

YNWA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

huahin4ever wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 am You can pay to get an extension which is multiple entry in Thailand. No need to pay for an re-entry stamp each time, but if you only need 1 re-entry it is cheaper to do so. If you need 2 you are at the same price level as the multiple entry visa.

I thought a single entry was 1000 Baht and a multiple entry is 3800?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

That's right, DB.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:00 am
huahin4ever wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 am You can pay to get an extension which is multiple entry in Thailand. No need to pay for an re-entry stamp each time, but if you only need 1 re-entry it is cheaper to do so. If you need 2 you are at the same price level as the multiple entry visa.

I thought a single entry was 1000 Baht and a multiple entry is 3800?
You’re right Dannie Boy. For those making 1-3 re-entries per year it’s cheaper to buy single re-entries as needed for 1000 baht each. The multiple entry visa saves you 200 baht on the 4th re-entry and an additional 1000 baht savings on the 5th and each additional re-entry. Of course there is a minor hassle factor with having to visit Immigration every time you need to purchase a re-entry and if money isn’t important it’s nice to have the multiple re-entry so you can simply jump on a plane in an emergency without having to think about it.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Don't forget that Immigration will use a "whole page" in your pp for the re-entry stamp!

YNWA

YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

huahin4ever wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:18 am Don't forget that Immigration will use a "whole page" in your pp for the re-entry stamp!

YNWA
Actually, my passport is relatively new, with plenty of blank pages. I purchased a re-entry stamp earlier this week. When I received my passport back, it took a while to find the stamp because they'd squeezed it on to an already used page.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20