Expat blogger laments on visa renewal hassles

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
buksida

Expat blogger laments on visa renewal hassles

Post by buksida »

Popular expat blogger Richard Barrow has shared his difficulties in trying to renew his visa’s extension of stay. Richard returned to Samut Prakan immigration last Friday to collect his annual extension. But he was told that Bangkok hadn’t yet approved his application.

Samut Prakan Immigration gave him a 7 day extension and told him to come back next week.

“I’ve lived in Thailand for twenty five years. I’ve spent most of my life here. But this is what I have to go through every year.”

Richard reports that when he returned to work later that day, there was an Immigration Police vehicle parked outside. He says officers from Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok visited him at his place of work to question him.

“They had my application with them which explained why Samut Prakan Immigration hadn’t received the verdict yet. They didn’t give any indication as to whether there was a problem or whether they were happy with the inspection.”

Richard has recently been a vocal supporter of the campaign calling for TM30 to be abolished or modified.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/expats/ ... ewing-visa

It seems that unless you're a tourist or on a retirement visa they're making your life hell. Or maybe Mr Barrow didn't use one of their 'agents'...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Expat blogger laments on visa renewal hassles

Post by europtimiste »

We don't know all of the story and people doesn't say everything, so we cannot make a fair opinion. Wait and see.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Expat blogger laments on visa renewal hassles

Post by HHTel »

I may be a little paranoid, but that was the reason I wouldn't put my name to that petition. Maybe, just maybe that's the reason Richard Barrow is getting hassle.