Retirement Visa Extension and Wise (Transferwise)

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Re: Retirement Visa Extension and Transferwise

Post by Scout »

For those using the income method, is there any requirement to maintain a minimum balance in the savings account over the course of the year ? I suspect the answer is No but wondering if anyone knows or sure.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, no requirement at all.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Thanks Big Boy, your experience is helping solve some of the questions I’ve had. Just an observation, the credit advice letter you ended up with doesn’t appear to have the additional data elements (amount sent, exchange rate, etc) that were on the sample that Immigration showed you, your letter primarily seems to confirm the date of transfer and amount transferred into your account, same as the previous sample posted from Bangkok Bank except the Bangkok Bank letter listed the entire years worth of transfers on one document. Question, do you know if Kasikorn bank can generate a single credit advice letter showing multiple months worth of transfers ?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Firstly, I wasn't convinced the Kasikorn Credit Advice would suffice, but 2 officers at Hua Hin Immigration yesterday confirmed it was fine.

Secondly, I was told I would need to request the Credit Advice each month. It took me 1 hour 20 minutes to get the first. I hope the next time I go, I will show what I need, and it will be easy. Also, I will ask if future Credit Advice can be generated automatically (I know automatic generation from Bangkok Bank is possible - advised by a friend).

Finally, the letter with the 12 amounts quoted needs to be generated at visa renewal time as part of the routine bank letter that they sell us each year. The credit advice amounts will be transcribed onto that letter.

What I've done is, through a lot of head banging whilst sat at Kasikorn Bank identified the document that is needed. I copied it above, so hopefully others can just go to bank and say I need one of these. We're all learning, but I've found everybody very helpful so far. It's been difficult at times, but we got there. I was always of the opinion it would all have been sorted by the time my turn came around, but my renewal came immediately after the 6 months validity for Embassy letters ran out. I turned out to be a pathfinder, a role I was confident would fall to somebody before me.

Points 48; Position 20
TunnelRats
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TunnelRats »

Scout

I'm using the income method since almost three years now.
If it fall below 800.000 per year they accepted the difference shown on a savings book.
Easy going! :D
"This login session $13,99 but for you $12,78"
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

I have just been to kasikorn in bluport. I took a printout of the credit advice that Big boy was given by kasikorn.

I asked for credit advices for all my transfers into Thailand this year. Cannot do. Why not ? Because you haven't had any transfers into Thailand this year. Lots of transactions with money appearing in the account, but all the codes were MCL. MCL means cheque payment.

I asked if they could see the underlying transferee, but they said no. I looked at there screen and there didn't seem to be a way to drill down to the origin of the 'cheque'. Bigboy, I notice on your credit advise it says "TT". What does it say in your bank book - TT or something else ?

Thanks for any advice !
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Just looked back to page 3 and see that bigboy also had a code of MCL.

To try to avoid going through the same hoops, can you say which branch of kasikorn you used, and, if possible a name of someone ?

I think the knowledge of this amongst bank staff will take a while to filter down.

Thanks.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I use Market Village. I don't know the name of the lady I used but she was assistant manager, and heavily pregnant. I would guess she may have popped by now :D

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm
  • Took my pensions letter and P60 NB: These were not returned to me, so anybody following this route - take copies.
Hi BB. Can I just ask what the pension letter was? Was it in effect 12x monthly 'pay' statements, or an actual letter from your pension provider confirming your pension details?

Many thanks
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My annual letter from Civil Service Pensions detailing my payments for the next 12 months.

Points 48; Position 20
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'm confused now.
Why should any proof of pension have anything to do with anything?
As long as the requisite amount is transferred each month, that's it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have wondered about that, but they have always said they needed that as well. Of course, this is the document upon which my Embassy letter was always based. I am thinking the letter + the unorthodox (according to some) way that I used Transferwise (wrong transaction code) is the reason that my proof was accepted. However, the honest answer is, I don't know.

Points 48; Position 20
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

I certainly didn't take my letter from MyCSP (Civil Service Pension) when I renewed here in April, maybe because I scraped in with the last of the Embassy letters.

Off topic, but I spoke to Tommy Robson (Dee) a couple of weekends ago in Pattaya, he's the guy who interviewd the lass from the Consular Section, he told me that they'd refused his request to do a follow up interview.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:15 pm I use Market Village. I don't know the name of the lady I used but she was assistant manager, and heavily pregnant. I would guess she may have popped by now :D
Went down to order this months credit advice this morning. As I suspected, the lady who dealt with me previously has a lovely baby girl now :D .

So I sat down with another lady. I showed he what I wanted, and she said OK. As soon as she said I needed to make a 100 Baht transaction, I knew she was on the wrong track. (I'm actually feeling quite snappy today after a very late, but sober night, followed by an early morning). I snapped at her, but apologised immediately - FFS I needed this girl to help me.

I went through everything again, and she seemed to understand. Went away to another room, and when she came back she picked up her phone, and phoned head office. By jove, she'd got it. The phone was handed to me, I answered a few questions, and was told the e-mail will arrive on the 3rd. I'd guess about 10 to 15 minutes total.

While I was on the phone, I asked Mrs BB to take a photo of the girl's name plate (forgetting Mrs BB is the world's worst photographer). Of course, I had to explain why I was taking her photo - because she knew what she was doing. Long story short - it's a crap photo, but the girl's name is something like Sutara Hookaw. fft100 - I've told her she might get a visit from somebody needing the same, and she was quite happy about it.

Best of luck fft.

Points 48; Position 20
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

^^
Don Quixote.....Get your ducks in a row, and get an extension based on marriage.
Or is that too simple?
Will make your life so much simpler...
hammm.jpg
hammm.jpg (10.89 KiB) Viewed 4521 times