Hua Hin authorities to investigate party houses

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
buksida

Hua Hin authorities to investigate party houses

Post by buksida »

Talk News Online has reported that the district chief of Hua Hin is looking into pool villas in the tourist town offering daily rents as "homestay", commonly known as "party houses".

According to the report, 20,000 properties nationwide are being investigated under Article 44, relating to the use of properties as illegal hotels with daily rentals.

Properties have up to two years before final rules come into place. At present there is an amnesty as property owners have been asked to register their change of usage from private to commercial. Thanon Phanpheephat said that many of the pool villas in Hua Hin had already registered as "homestays".

He added that the local authorities, in conjunction with other agencies, are looking into the matter regarding the legality and rules connected to the letting of pool villas on a daily basis, specifically referring to properties with four rooms or less catering to groups of up to 20.

Source: https://www.talknewsonline.com/133214/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Hua Hin authorities to investigate party houses

Post by migrant »

Spoke last week to an English guy who owned in Black Mountain and sold. Said it is becoming party house central there.
He said a group of the owners met with the mayor, and other higherups but nothing happened. Hopefully the new worries about these illegal hotels will extend there.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Bamboo Grove

Re: Hua Hin authorities to investigate party houses

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Discussion about the subject about 2 years ago. As with so many other things, things are moving slowly.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33328&p=438228&hil ... se#p438228