Passport renewal with visa extension approaching

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Passport renewal with visa extension approaching

Post by Nereus »

......……………..3 months after and mustn't fall below 40K for the rest of the year.
And so MORE confusing information? In another thread the amount is 400k Baht?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Ooops. 400K
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

One final word on this one. When I went into the Key Visa site to renew my passport, the advice given there is:
Never leave your passport until the last minute! Make sure you have a minimum of 9 months to one year validity left when you apply for a new passport.
Hopefully, my new passport is going through the process as I type.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

I recently renewed my son's and the process took around two months due to inefficiencies at the HMPO and the Thai postal service being shut for most of April.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I read that before, and I'm worried i.e. my visa renewal is 7th July, so not much leeway.

Points 48; Position 20
jungle

Post by jungle »

My last extension was only for 9 months as my passport ran out on 18 May 2019 I used key visa services back in February and it took around 5 weeks to receive my new passport.
I then applied for my new extension on the 8th of May which now runs until the 18 the may 2020.
It cost 1900 baht for the extension of stay and 500 baht to transfer everything into my new passport.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Your last part extension was before the new rules came in. We need to hear from anyone who attempts to renew an extension from now with a passport with less than 12 months validity. If the earlier instruction from HH IO rings true, then such an application will be refused. Incidentally, from 'the other forum', that warning hasn't been given by any other immigration office.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:12 pm Yes, I read that before, and I'm worried i.e. my visa renewal is 7th July, so not much leeway.
Some good news, my passport is back, so using Key Visa took about 5 weeks. Absolutely painless - worth every Baht.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've just used Key Visa for the first time. Very impressed. It was for a first passport for my thai stepdaughter who acquired British Citizenship when we lived in the UK. She was a minor at the time and came back to Thailand when she was 15 years old. She's now 30, married with kids so has been back here for 15 years.
I expected questions to be asked but Key Visa processed it via Trendy Building and her new (first) passport arrived on Monday 9th. Time taken - just 2 weeks.

Well worth the 5 grand saving two trips to BKK and the ensuing hassle.