Do as I say, not as I do

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Big Boy

Do as I say, not as I do

Post by Big Boy »

Mrs BB has the Channel 8 news on at the moment (she likes to catch up on Thai news every night).

I've just been watching footage of a very drunk police officer trying to ride his motorcycle home. Fell off a couple of times, drove into a fence (which supported him), etc.

I asked Mrs BB what will happen to him. Not the answer I was expecting........................ Oh, he'll be OK, everybody is helping him to get home.

I was expecting lose job/jailed. :? :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Do as I say, not as I do

Post by HHTel »

Just watched the clip:

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/neti ... sick-video
The Cherng Talay Police Chief Col Akanit Danpitaksart says the officer in the video clip worked at Cherng Talay Police Station. The incident happened last Saturday afternoon. After he finished his work he was driving his motorbike home.

“He has a personal health issue – Meniere’s Disease – where he loses his balance. The problem is inside his ears and he can’t control himself. He has broken his leg in a motorbike accident before. A metal implant has been put inside his leg as a result of the last accident”.
"He is also weak and cannot control the motorbike, and lost his balance. He tried to stop the motorbike on the side of the road. He was not drunk. Now he is in a sick leave."
Which I suppose means "Take a few days off to sober up"

A comment in the article:
(If he has Meniere’s Disease and not taking medication the man shouldn’t be on a motorbike or on the public roads – The Thaiger)
Perfect title, BB.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So he wasn't drunk, so apologise for misleading, although that is what the Channel 8 news clip was supposedly saying? I've no idea what Meniere’s Disease is, but I suspect sufferers should have their licence taken away.

[Edit] I has just been on Channel 31 News saying it wasn't drunk, but Meniere's Disease.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:41 am So he wasn't drunk, so apologise for misleading, although that is what the Channel 8 news clip was supposedly saying? I've no idea what Meniere’s Disease is, but I suspect sufferers should have their licence taken away.

[Edit] I has just been on Channel 31 News saying it wasn't drunk, but Meniere's Disease.
As you say, whatever the cause, there is no way he should be allowed to drive a 2 or even 4 wheeled vehicle. The fact that the authorities appeared to be aware of his condition makes it even worse - they too should suffer consequences, but of course they won’t!!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

So he was the victim, not of a temporary situation, drunkeness but of an unfortunate problem with balance, a permanent condition. Isnt this MORE reason for him not to be driving or riding??
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

If it was this health issue he would have the sense to get off the motorcycle until he recovered. Obviously totally drunk.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Stress can trigger a Meniere's attack. Luckily this guy has a stress-free occupation (sarc). Should not be carrying a gun either.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

nil wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:55 am If it was this health issue he would have the sense to get off the motorcycle until he recovered. Obviously totally drunk.
Looking at the stupid cheesy grin on the face of one them trying to help him he obviously thought that the cop was drunk. :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

I like the way they just get him upright and send him on his way. :cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.