Illegal hotel operators in Hua Hin warned to register within 30 days

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
buksida

Illegal hotel operators in Hua Hin warned to register within 30 days

Post by buksida »

Some 170 illegal hotel and resort operators in Hua Hin have been warned to register and obtain licences within a month or they could face jail or a fine.

Thanon Phanpipas, Hua Hin district chief, said the operators of unlicensed hotels and resorts must register within a month from May 16 or they would face a maximum jail term of one year and a maximum fine of Bt20,000 plus a daily maximum fine of Bt10,000.

Thanon said he has been informed that owners of some 170 houses, pool villas and apartments have been using their premises to provide hotel services without seeking licences. The district chief said the unregistered services could be substandard and would affect Hua Hin’s reputation as a tourist destination.

It could also affect national security as the operators would not report foreigners staying at their places to immigration officials.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... d/30369496

Wonder how many of those illegal Thai party houses will be abiding by this. :roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Re: Illegal hotel operators in Hua Hin warned to register within 30 days

Post by Big Boy »

:blabla: :blabla: :blabla:

This one again? This one goes in cycles with the piers being demolished - never happens. Probably just a slow news day.

I guess it's just a public notice that tea money is overdue.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

So this doesn’t sound like hotels but people renting out their houses and condos to holidaymakers.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Regular hotels are pissed-off about the house and condo rentals. Complain to the authorities--They have to pretend to be doing something about it. So, dramatic announcement. But as we all know the word "Enforcement: does not exist in the Thai language.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Over the last 6 months or so, I’ve noticed a significant reduction in party house activity in my area near Soi 112. I’ve also noticed that advertisements on Facebook for local party houses have almost completely ceased. Would be interested if others are seeing the same things, in their areas and on Facebook.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, definitely not. The 5 party houses near us have been at their busiest ever for the last 3 weeks. Normally it is weekends only, but it has been every day recently.

Points 48; Position 20
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Other than new deadlines or reiteration of long existing ones there is no change.

All party houses in my area , nongpranpuk, seem to have disappeared I guess people are going closer to town now that the disgusting, disease ridden, floodwaters have subsided from all the sois coming 2km back from the beach. Or maybe people are realising that unmanaged properties are false economy and major headaches .

Crazy 88
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Problem is that city party houses have party time restrictions set of 10pm. Amazingly these restrictions are strictly adhered to in my area.

The worse bit about party houses is when they fire up the BBQ - it always stinks.

Points 48; Position 20
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

BBQ not the worst bit BB. It's the bags of left over prawn carcasses and fish heads. ( Of course caused by the BBQ ! ) Stale beer bottles add to the aroma. Regardless of full time or holiday lets most projects do not empty daily. Once a week is the norm round my way.

Crazy 88
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that is very true, but our bins are usually emptied nightly. The disgusting old woman next door has turned it into a business opportunity, and is in there everytime a group moves out, collecting the recyclables. She has created a tip in the road. When the next group move in, if they're responsible, they clean their leftover prawn carcasses and fish heads, but when they dispose of them, they see a rubbish tip in the road, so dump their waste there - a vicious circle.

I've had several major set tos with my neighbour - this came to a head a few weeks ago when she started to extend to the outside of my house. Despite her argument about being a public road, and I had no jurisdiction, I think she understood my body language when I moved everything from the outside of my house. At least, she understood until yesterday, when it appeared again. This time I simply binned the lot.

I note the recycling truck is outside now as I type, so the tip will be clear until the next party group leaves.

:rant:

:offtopic:

Points 48; Position 20
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Been in the same scenario BB. After a couple of weeks of taking everything away including the recyclables they became like vultures waiting to pounce on anything we took outside. After pointing out that we were getting 2-300 Bt per week for bottles etc and that they could have it all on condition that they took away everything non-recyclable as well an arrangement was reached. Take all or take nothing. Takes a very frustrating while to get it throughout worked eventually. Next step is trying to get them not to " Fly Tip " at the end of the soi. :cuss:

Crazy 88