Medication at Hua Hin Hospital

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
duan

Medication at Hua Hin Hospital

Post by duan »

I’m registered at Hua Hin hospital and never used the express service but thanks to this forum I know how to use it.
Am I correct in thinking that I can turn up at the Express Clinic pay 450 baht and get to see a doctor to explain the recent diagnosis I received from a cardiologist on a recent trip back to the UK and get a prescription from him for the medications required?
If so how many days supply are they likely to give me for the medication and can I pick up the medication at the Express Clinic or do I have to go elsewhere in the hospital and if so where?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Medication at Hua Hin Hospital

Post by oakdale160 »

If you have the medication in a labelled bottle from a pharmacy or better still the prescription from your Dr, then there are pharmacies in HH that will fill the prescription for oral medications.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

pay 450 baht
Has it gone up? It was 200 baht. But I suppose someone has to pay for the new building!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I did query the price when it rose, and it was explained the Express fee was now combined with the consultation fee, so different sub-totals, but same end price.

Back to the OP, I think if you go to the hospital, they will want to make sure the tablets are suitable, etc. If a cardiologist, the main man has a clinic near the Esso station in the centre of town - might be a better bet.
http://www.huahinheart.com/en/
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
duan

Post by duan »

Many thanks for the very helpful responses.
Big Boy -Yes I know Dr Polpat and use his clinic for annual exercise stress tests but my logic was that he would likely charge more for the medication at his private clinic than they would at Hua Hin hospital.
Oakdale 160 - I will try the various pharmacies I use with a photocopy of the UK prescription/labelled container on my return to HH but I’ve recently experienced considerable difficulty in obtaining certain medications in HH without a Thai Doctor’s prescription.