BBC Filming in Hua Hin - Macaques

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
AbiBrown
Rookie
Rookie

Re: BBC Filming in Hua Hin - Macaques

Post by AbiBrown »

Thistle wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:37 pm Went to the view point at the restaurant i mentioned previously this morning at approx 11.00am,very hot.No monkey whatsoever down in the water or on the rocks.
However,100's on the road up to the temple,down to the restaurant,and up near the temple area.
I noticed several large dogs within the area of the new buildings,and the temple stairs,few monkeys,perhaps a deterrent,or the catapults you see locals walking around with near the souvenir shops,
Went then to the beach area at the golden Buddha,and a large troop sitting on 3 fishing boats,the rocks and generally roaming on the sand.A local throwing rice onto the rocks and into the water from one of the small cafes at the steps of the statue.I have taken some photo i will try and send to your email,but basically they were old and young solely looking for food,and were tempted into the water based upon that.
Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate it. I will await your photos!
Can I ask - how many times have you seen the monkeys jumping into the sea from the cliffs near the buddha? Do you know how frequently they do it? When was the last time you saw them jumping?

Thanks!
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

The area i mention where they are currently active in the water,jumping,swimming and scavenging is very close to the rocks in the initial video you sent.They can be seen there regularly,numbers of course will vary depending upon food availability.The locals feed them as well as the many tourists on the beach in this area looking for photo opportunities.
These are not cliffs,but low lying rocks at the waters edge that the Macaque are located at.
AbiBrown
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AbiBrown »

Thistle wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:17 am The area i mention where they are currently active in the water,jumping,swimming and scavenging is very close to the rocks in the initial video you sent.They can be seen there regularly,numbers of course will vary depending upon food availability.The locals feed them as well as the many tourists on the beach in this area looking for photo opportunities.
These are not cliffs,but low lying rocks at the waters edge that the Macaque are located at.
Thanks for sending the images - they're really helpful!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

There is a small troop of monkeys that I have seen playing in the water at the foot of the mountain in Prachuap Khiri Khan, an easy drive from Hua Hin.

The Monkeys in Prachuap Khiri Khan

https://hastenteufel.name/blog/the-monk ... hiri-khan/

Probably a better Website if you look around a bit.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!