Guttering solution for a roof with a valley

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
buksida

Guttering solution for a roof with a valley

Post by buksida »

Any guttering experts out there? Our roof has a pretty big valley which turns into a nice water jet under heavy rain. It was never guttered when we built so I'm finally getting round to tackling the job.

Found a local supplier of guttering and the bits but can't get anything for the corner under the valley which will overflow for sure. Mentioning that their standard corners wont work, and asking the shop staff gets a sheepish shrug and a 'mai mee' as has long been the case here.

This sort of thing may work: https://www.roofvalleywaterdiverter.com/

Has anyone found anything in Thailand like this? Or any ideas appreciated.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Guttering solution for a roof with a valley

Post by Nereus »

What material is the roof? Tile, Corrugated, Flat, or Palm Fronds?

If you are getting a contractor to install it surely they can make up a deflector such as you have shown? I would also have 2 downpipe outlets installed, like a Siamese Port on a motorbike exhaust.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:24 pm Any guttering experts out there? Our roof has a pretty big valley which turns into a nice water jet under heavy rain. It was never guttered when we built so I'm finally getting round to tackling the job.

Found a local supplier of guttering and the bits but can't get anything for the corner under the valley which will overflow for sure. Mentioning that their standard corners wont work, and asking the shop staff gets a sheepish shrug and a 'mai mee' as has long been the case here.

This sort of thing may work: https://www.roofvalleywaterdiverter.com/

Has anyone found anything in Thailand like this? Or any ideas appreciated.
Not sure if you can make this out, but the guys who put my guttering up cut a small section of guttering and used it to deflect the rainwater - seems to work out ok.
7C30CD91-5AE0-45D1-A94A-88CDDF1F3DCC.jpeg
7C30CD91-5AE0-45D1-A94A-88CDDF1F3DCC.jpeg (95.32 KiB) Viewed 296 times
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yeah, the roof is very similar to that one DB.

I wonder if you can buy those deflectors here or are they all custom made ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:13 pm Yeah, the roof is very similar to that one DB.

I wonder if you can buy those deflectors here or are they all custom made ...
As mentioned, they cut the one for my roof from a piece of spare guttering- maybe one of the guttering companies could supply - mine came from Hua Hin Glass and Aluminium?
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

If all else fails, PVC pipe can be cut and glued at all kinds of angles and shapes. Then paint to match.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thanks, looks like we'll have to custom make something then and you can't buy them.