Hello! (And a few questions)

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
Norwegian
Novice
Novice

Hello! (And a few questions)

Post by Norwegian »

Hi there!

First of all: Excuse my childish English. I haven’t written anything in this language in a few years.

I had my first trip to Thailand a couple of weeks back, and loved everything. The food. The beaches. The People. All of it!

Well, I am already thinking of my next trip (late this year or early next year), and I hope to be away from cold Norway for 4 weeks.

This trip I stayed in Karon/Kata on Phuket. I loved it, but I think I hook up with some friends of mine traveling from Norway for my last two weeks, and travel a little bit around by myself for my first two weeks.

And I’m looking at Hua Hin for my first week, but I don’t know much about the place.

I found this site a couple of days ago and have been reading a lot here since then, but I hope you can help me with a few things.

How crowdie are Hua Hin in November/Desember and in January/March?

How’s the weather like at this time? What about rain?

The price level: How is it compared to Phuket?

And the beaches: Nice? I know I can find out on the Internet, but I also read that Patong Beach was like paradise, so I guess I don’t trust everything I read, and I don’t know many who’s been in Hua Hin.

I understand it’s quiet, and that’s good, but I also like having a few (or maybe more …) beers in the evening/night. I see on this page that there some bars there, but how is the nightlife compared to lets say Karon and Kata?

(Patong were too much for my liking …).

I am from Norway, and I don’t think there’s a lot of traveling agencies here with tours to Hua Hin, so I guess it’s not a lot of Scandinavians there, or am I wrong? What about age? A lot of older folks, families, couples? I am 32 myself. Male.

And the best way to get from Bangkok to Hua Hin after a long flight is probably a taxi, and the price are around 2-3000 bath?

Well, that’s a lot of questions at once, but if you can answer a few of them it would be really nice. :)

Cheers!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

November to March is high season, as it is all over Thailand. You're best to book accommodation in advance, especially Dec-Feb.
The weather's fine. You're not likely to see much, if any rain. There is usually a cooler snap in the weather either in Dec or Jan for a week or so, but it's not going to compare to Norway!!
Prices are cheaper then Phuket, but fast catching up.
The main beach stretches for around 6-7kms south and is fine. Maybe not up to Phuket standards, but totally acceptable. There are others within the vicinity as well.
There's plenty of nightlife, but not as much as Patong.
There are plenty of Scandanavians at that time of year, either living here or visiting. Hua Hin was predominantly a Scandanavian and German resort until a few years ago when more nationalities started visiting. Visitor age will be slightly older than other resorts in Thailand, but there are plenty of younger folk as well.
Correct about transport. 3000 Baht is certainly top-end price though.
Take a look at:
www.tourismhuahin.com
Norwegian
Novice
Novice

Post by Norwegian »

Thank you!

I can't wait to go back to this beautiful country. :)
Norwegian
Novice
Novice

Re: Hello! (And a few questions)

Post by Norwegian »

How is the weather in July/August?

I think my boss will force me too take a couple of week’s vacation in the summer, and I see the flights are really inexpensive at that time a year.

Is it always raining, or is it just in the afternoon? Ok to swim? What about the nightlife?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Hua Hin is in one of the driest regions of Thailand, so whilst it may be pouring with rain up north or down south, we don't really get that here.
Yes, you may get some rain in July/Aug, but generally in the afternoons and as it gets so humid, it's a welcome relief.
Nightlife scene is pretty constant, just not as many tourists as Dec/Jan.
PS, it's fine to swim, but jellyfish can become more of a problem as the seas swell and they get washed in towards shore during the "rainy months".
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

It is very, very hot. Don't forget the sunscreen........ :shock:
www.35mmview.com