2 Wheel section?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

2 Wheel section?

Post by H2ODunc »

Can anyone point me to the 2 wheel section that was supposed to be starting? I remember a post saying here it is then nothing. Cheers in advance Dunc :cheers:
IF YOU CANT DIVE! RIDE!
nosamluap
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nosamluap »

Hi Ive just joined the forum and didn't see the original posting, but I wondered whether you were talking about motor bikes or bicycling the manual way, as I do the latter??

Paul
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

2 wheels

Post by H2ODunc »

What NO ENGINE!!!!! sorry but thats far too healthy for me. If it aint got a motor, even a small one its not for me. I often pass people who seem to be cycling long distances with bags hanging from every part of the bike and I think WHY???????? Its far too hot and transport is soooooo cheap. Still each to their own, I did my Divemaster course with a belgian guy who rode to Koh Tao on his bike and when he left he was riding to Malaysia, the fool. I wonder if he ever made it? Enjoy what you do is the main thing. :thumb: :cheers:
IF YOU CANT DIVE! RIDE!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I don't think that section ever materialised, although it was suggested.
On the subject of pushbikes, I've got a mate who cycled up to HH from Java once - OK, he needed a ferry occesionally and might have cheated with trains a couple of times, but basically the journey was 75% made by cycle and mainly camping when he felt tired.
Don't know how long it took, but he went back the same way as well a few weeks later - took the train to Chumpon first though. Somehow he's still alive. Called me from Langkawi two days ago. He's still got the pushbike. Nutter!!!
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I covered over 6000kms on my bicycle last year and am still a fat bastard!!!!! :(
www.35mmview.com
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

Fat!!!!!!

Post by H2ODunc »

Randy, I think you may be a little mistaken about being a fat bastard. Ask any woman and she'll tell you its because you are "big boned" or its because you have an over active, or under active depends on who you ask, Thyroid. So dont feel bad about it mate its not youre fault :?
IF YOU CANT DIVE! RIDE! :thumb: :cheers:
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

lets hope ther will be A MOTOR BIKE section

as i havent been on a 650 in 35 years

so i decided to buy an 850 for hua hin
as im fatter than iwas 35 yrs ago

interested in day trips around the country side
:cheers: :cheers:
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

Post by H2ODunc »

Bozman, Hi. I'm planning a trip down to KL for the F1 next month if you fancy tagging along? Just let me know. Looking at setting off the Wed before the race to get there for Fri having the weekend there then heading back Mon. Also goes for anyone else who is up for it :cheers: :thumb:
IF YOU CANT DIVE! RIDE!
nosamluap
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nosamluap »

Well Im got that wrong didn't I? So it the two wheels and an engine type eh?!

But how can you ride a bike with an engine banging away under you, stinking of oil, and still thinks its cool?

Surely, you guys know that lycra is the biggest turn on in the world for the girls, not leather and levis!!
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

In England my last bike was a 1978 Mike Hailwood Ducati. A 864cc beast sporting twin 40mm dellorto carbs, clip-ons and rear sets. Single seat only! the only way to travel on a bike. Brandishing twin conti exhausts the noise was thunderous. When you started it up it sounded like Cozy Powel tripping over his drum kit. I had number 3 of the original first 500! Sadly it became double glazing in 1992...... :(
www.35mmview.com
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

[/quote]Surely, you guys know that lycra is the biggest turn on in the world for the girls, not leather and levis!![quote]

Sorry mate, got it wrong there. Leathers + denims + a decent bike beats Lycra hands down. From a girlie point of view - Lycra's for pansies...

V.S.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"