electric gate opener battery

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here. The Hua Hin Business Directory has listings of local shops and services.
SPONSORS: Expat Hua Hin : Siam Old Teak
Post Reply
Magalan
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:27 pm

electric gate opener battery

Post by Magalan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Is

Magalan
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by Magalan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Orig post should read:
It seems that the battery in the handheld clicker that opens the electric gate does not now have enough power to send a signal to the motor. The battery is an L828 12v, and only shows 2.5v. Anybody know where I will be able to get hold of a replacement?

robcar
Professional
Professional
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:28 am

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by robcar » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Used to be that Google was your best friend..........seems nowadays that it's Lazada
Look here.....
https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=L82 ... fb1aMETTeA

User avatar
Nereus
Addict
Addict
Posts: 6788
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Bangkok

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by Nereus » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Any of the local gate installers will have them. Try "Boy", 086 529 8222. He speaks English.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

VincentD
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1051
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:04 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by VincentD » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Or try the photo shops. Which is where I got mine.
วินเชนท์

User avatar
Blacky
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:21 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by Blacky » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:16 pm

If you are in Market Village on the top floor near the exit to the car park, there is a guy selling the handhelds and he also has the replacement batteries. I also saw them a Boots in the battery section....

Cheers,
B.
_____________________________________________________________________
I believe that everyone else my age is an adult whereas I am merely in disguise

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by 404cameljockey » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 am

Blacky wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:16 pm
If you are in Market Village on the top floor near the exit to the car park, there is a guy selling the handhelds and he also has the replacement batteries. I also saw them a Boots in the battery section....

Cheers,
B.
He must be the guy that has the stall selling car keys, opposite the guy with all the printers? I could use a second handheld/remote. Do they all work the same way? I mean are there switches inside that have to be set to the same pattern as in the receiver, like in a remote for a ceiling fan? Or would a new remote get a code somehow from the receiver?

User avatar
Pagey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1963
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: On the beach

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by Pagey » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 am

404cameljockey wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 am

He must be the guy that has the stall selling car keys, opposite the guy with all the printers? I could use a second handheld/remote. Do they all work the same way? I mean are there switches inside that have to be set to the same pattern as in the receiver, like in a remote for a ceiling fan? Or would a new remote get a code somehow from the receiver?
I don't know about that guy but in the basement as you enter from the motorbike park on the left side is a big stall cutting spare keys. He also does replacement remotes, take your old one and he uses a gizmo to read the code and sets the code in your replacement. 700 Baht, I've had mine 3 or 4 months and works fine. Last year I got a replacement from the gate installer which was 1,200 Baht. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by 404cameljockey » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:28 am

Pagey wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 am
404cameljockey wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 am

He must be the guy that has the stall selling car keys, opposite the guy with all the printers? I could use a second handheld/remote. Do they all work the same way? I mean are there switches inside that have to be set to the same pattern as in the receiver, like in a remote for a ceiling fan? Or would a new remote get a code somehow from the receiver?
I don't know about that guy but in the basement as you enter from the motorbike park on the left side is a big stall cutting spare keys. He also does replacement remotes, take your old one and he uses a gizmo to read the code and sets the code in your replacement. 700 Baht, I've had mine 3 or 4 months and works fine. Last year I got a replacement from the gate installer which was 1,200 Baht. :cheers:
Brilliant, cheers.

;cheers;

Magalan
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by Magalan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks for all the info - cheers!

User avatar
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by J.J.B. » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm

On the other end of the system, my gate motor went kaput after being flooded at the end of last year. If anyone knows where I can get one for less than the 25k THB I’ve been quoted, I’d be grateful.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde

VincentD
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1051
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:04 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by VincentD » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Some places actually rewind motor coils, have had my fan motor done in Bangkok. Try those dynamo places, while they typically do car dynamos and starter motors they might be able to do yours or at least point you in the right direction..
วินเชนท์

User avatar
Nereus
Addict
Addict
Posts: 6788
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Bangkok

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by Nereus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:29 pm

J.J.B. wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm
On the other end of the system, my gate motor went kaput after being flooded at the end of last year. If anyone knows where I can get one for less than the 25k THB I’ve been quoted, I’d be grateful.
If it is similar to mine the price is about right. It is probably not the motor that has failed, but the electronics. As with most modern crap sold here, replacement parts, including the PCB, are not available. The number that I posted for the fob battery has new ones.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: electric gate opener battery

Post by 404cameljockey » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:07 pm

Yes sounds ballpark. I paid 20k for a new unit last year with two handheld remotes. No idea of the supplier though, bought by a builder.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests